ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 transition

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Beginner@USA
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier1 transition

Post by Beginner@USA » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:17 am

Hi,

I have a valid HSMP letter from USA. I am planning to apply for visa from India. I have already posted a different query on the same case before but now after going through the home office and vfs website, I am totally confused. Let me keep my question simple - what forms do I need to fill to get the visa?

I see that there are two forms VAF9 and VAF10 (For me and my wife) but I dont see any section that talks about maintenance funds in those two forms. I was told that I need to show maintenance funds (2800 + 1600 pounds for 3 months). Then I went to home office website and tried to get tier1 general application form but on 61st page it says that the form can only be filled by those who are in UK and outside UK visit visas website and I am back to square one.

Any help in this regards is highly appreciated.

-Thanks,
Srikanth

Beginner@USA
Newly Registered

Post by Beginner@USA » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:21 am

I was told that if we have a valid HSMP approval letter, we need not bother about gaining points except for Maintenance section which is mandatory for everyone. Is this only for those who are in UK? if not, is there a tier1 general application form specifically for outside UK applicants?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:05 am

In New Zealand and, I assume, elsewhere, if you have been issued with a HSMP approval letter, you only need to prove that you meet the maintenance requirements in order to obtain entry clearance. The process is outlined on the BIA website.

Beginner@USA
Newly Registered

Post by Beginner@USA » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Thanks for the reply niw2. But could you please let me know what forms to fill? BIA just says goto visas website and in that, it just says fill VAF9 and VAF10 and in both these forms, I don't see a section that tells us to prove maintenance funds. Could you please tell me what forms I should fill?

Here are few links I am looking at:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tsforhsmp/

This link talks about the people who already have HSMP approval letter. And here I click on Applying link and there is "Application for initial entry (switching) or extension of stay within Tier 1 (General) - main applicant" on the right corner but this application is for those who are already in UK (page 61). Link here =>

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... lications/

In this page, there is a section "How to apply if you are outside the United Kingdom". Here it asks us to goto visas website and I am back to square one.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Read VAF9 Annex D and fill-up the appropriate Appendix (available on the same webpage as the VAF forms).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!