ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Balance query on visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Balance query on visitor visa

Post by hbhatt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am

I want to apply my sister's visit visa but she is unemployed and I have two questions regarding the application.

She does not have any balance in her bank because she is unemployed and I want to apply for 2 months visit.

1) Can I show bank balance on her behalf in UK bank and write a letter that she has full access to the funds?

2) What can I show in ties to the home country?

Thanks in advance!!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Balance query on visitor visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 pm

You can show all elements you have in hand to make it credible that you are going to support her and she has enough ties to her home country. Anything you feel can play in her favor, provide it so it will weight in the decision.

However, what I can tell you in general from my experience and the experience of people around me, is that visitor visas for adults in age of work but who don't work, don't usually end well.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:56 pm

hbhatt wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:47 am

2) What can I show in ties to the home country?
Job, pension, savings & investment, family and property (in own name) but in your case maybe first 4 might be missing.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hbhatt » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:20 pm

I can show family and property on her own name but don't have anything else... Will it help if we submit photos of family and friends to show active social life?