ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 cooling off period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayhanisik
Newly Registered
Turkey

Tier 2 cooling off period

Post by ayhanisik » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello,
I have been working at University College London for the last year under Tier 2 visa.
On my certificate of sponsorship, I had the job title: Clinical Research Fellow.
I also had an Honorary contract with UCLH to be able to see the clinical trial's patients in the hospital.
My contract ended has week. My BRP will expire on the 15th of October.
I recently got accepted as a doctor in the UCLH (Not UCL) and now awaiting my certificate of sponsorship from them.
I was planning to apply for the new visa while I'm still in the UK, before the 15th.
My question is, will this be a new visa?
Is it switching? Is it extending? Or a new visa? This means I would need to wait for 12 months (cooling-off period)
I would be grateful if anyone could guide me on this.
Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 cooling off period

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Applying within the UK to change employers is an extension/switching employer one.

Applying within the UK does NOT have a 12 month cooling off period. It only applies if you leave the UK and want to come back on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.