ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds - Simplified Form

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockhall

Funds - Simplified Form

Post by rockhall » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:07 pm

I am thinking of submitting a simplied form but in the area of funds I have a concern since the process takes between 2-3 years isn't it too early to place on the form about available funds?

My argument is I do not have the cdn $10,000 funds now but probably during the process of my application it will be available so do I really need the funds now or will my application be rejected?

Richter

Post by Richter » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 pm

You have to decide whether you want to take the chance on them not checking back to time of application.

It has been discussed elsewhere that you are supposed to meet all requirements at time of application (apparently in the small print somewhere) and that it is advisable to be able to prove that the required funds were unemcumbered and available at time of application, ie bank statements etc.

If you are applying through London (you probably are not though as you quote 2 - 3 years rather than the current 5) and you have property with equity to the value or more of the minimum funds, you can provide mortgage statement and valuation at time of update. London is the only office to accept this.

If you get a job offer I don't think you have to prove funds.

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:12 am

Thanks your the reply, I said 2 years because I am presently in the caribbean.

Immigration_facts
BANNED

Post by Immigration_facts » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 am

Hi there,

Good discussion.

For further information, visit:

Good luck.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm

and you have property with equity to the value or more of the minimum funds, you can provide mortgage statement and valuation at time of update. London is the only office to accept this.
Does this means that if you have a property which exceeds the miminum funds required, then is it acceptable?

Richter

Post by Richter » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:35 am

Equity in property as proved by mortgage statement and valuations has been accepted by London visa office as funds, but this may all change now. Until budget gone through and visa offices given new instructions about processing post Feb 08 applications it is anyone's guess if this will still be the case.

surmui

Post by surmui » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi,
I am still not sure, is it still OK if you provide morgage document of the value exceeding the necessary amount of funds at the time of your application ,if applying at london.

pl clarify this,I am planning to apply in Aug 08.

Thanks in advance

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:02 pm

I will be applying in the caribbean, just so odd that I have to show the funds by the time the application has been processed all the funds would have been used or if the application is sent without the proof of funds it would have been available because of the wait.

I can find out from the embassy.
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

meshell230
Newly Registered

Post by meshell230 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:42 am

:shock: Are you serious that it's taking 5 years for the skilled worker visa process in the uk???
My partner and i have just sent our forms off and when i phoned to ask about time scale the message said 18 months untill our forms will be looked at and 3 to 6 months for the collection of info, we were looking at about 2 years??
If it's the case that its taking 5 years does anyone know how we can get there any quicker?
Thanks