ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spousal visa, income met through overtime

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TL5451
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spousal visa, income met through overtime

Post by TL5451 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 pm

I hold a salary-based job which pays 14,200 GBP per year. The past two months there has been lots of overtime and provided this continues for another four months, I will meet the income requirement of 18,600 per year.

Would I be able to submit six months' worth of payslips if they are all based on overtime?

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spousal visa, income met through overtime

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 pm

You have to demonstrate that over 6 months.

They look back 6 months and they take the month with the lowest revenue. Overtime is included but make sure the salary never drops bellow the minimum for 6 months.

TL5451
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TL5451 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 pm
You have to demonstrate that over 6 months.

They look back 6 months and they take the month with the lowest revenue. Overtime is included but make sure the salary never drops bellow the minimum for 6 months.
It also states overtime will not be taken into consideration for future pay. What does this mean, why would I need to prove what I'll be paid in the future if I've already submitted six pay slips demonstrating I earn over 1,550 per month (18,600 per year)?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:38 pm

If you are reading 5.5.8 it's for people with less than 6 months with the current employer.

For instance, if you changed employer 2 months prior the application, so you are showing 4 payslips from employer X and 2 payslips from employer Y. In that case, future overtime is assumed to be zero and only overtime that has been actually done and paid during the last 6 months is counted.

But yourself, you are with the same employer and your goal is to get 6 payslips from the same employer. You will be then under category A. See from page 22:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

In that case, overtime done during the last 6 months is annualized. So you have the benefit of the assumption that it will continue to happen in the future. Your annual salary will be therefore calculated with that overtime.

TL5451
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TL5451 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:38 pm
If you are reading 5.5.8 it's for people with less than 6 months with the current employer.

For instance, if you changed employer 2 months prior the application, so you are showing 4 payslips from employer X and 2 payslips from employer Y. In that case, future overtime is assumed to be zero and only overtime that has been actually done and paid during the last 6 months is counted.

But yourself, you are with the same employer and your goal is to get 6 payslips from the same employer. You will be then under category A. See from page 22:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

In that case, overtime done during the last 6 months is annualized. So you have the benefit of the assumption that it will continue to happen in the future. Your annual salary will be therefore calculated with that overtime.
Ah ok that clears it up.

In a nutshell, if overtime continued until February 2020 I could then sponsor her to come over to the UK? By that time I will have six payslips each showing more than 1,550 per month pre-tax.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:05 am

Yes, that's the magic number. 6 payslips showing more than £1550 of revenue and you are in position to sponsor.

TL5451
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TL5451 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:10 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:05 am
Yes, that's the magic number. 6 payslips showing more than £1550 of revenue and you are in position to sponsor.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to help us out. Appreciate it my friend.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:47 pm

TL5451 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 pm
I hold a salary-based job which pays 14,200 GBP per year. The past two months there has been lots of overtime and provided this continues for another four months, I will meet the income requirement of 18,600 per year.

Would I be able to submit six months' worth of payslips if they are all based on overtime?

Thanks
If you have 6 months old savings then it can also cover the shortfall even without doing excessive overtime.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.