ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong answer in Set O ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Wrong answer in Set O ILR application

Post by farogty » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am applying for the ILR through the 5 years route and I have submitted the application for me and my wife and booked the appointment this Sunday in Manchester.

There is a part in the application where it says:
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and
supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

I have answered No to this one. However, I am submitting 2 years cohabitation evidence which contains water bill (joint names) and Council tax (joint names)

Was the answer to that question supposed to be yes?
What shall I do? write a cover letter to explain this mistake or shall I try and find cohabitation evidence that is not joint?

I haven't uploaded my documents yet.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Wrong answer in Set O ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:00 pm

farogty wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:31 pm
Hi guys,

I am applying for the ILR through the 5 years route and I have submitted the application for me and my wife and booked the appointment this Sunday in Manchester.

There is a part in the application where it says:
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and
supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

I have answered No to this one. However, I am submitting 2 years cohabitation evidence which contains water bill (joint names) and Council tax (joint names)

Was the answer to that question supposed to be yes?
What shall I do? write a cover letter to explain this mistake or shall I try and find cohabitation evidence that is not joint?

I haven't uploaded my documents yet.
Thanks
You should submit cohab docs ideally in joint names.

This is a minor mistake that will not affect your ILR. However, if you wish to correct the mistake, you can mention in the cover letter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by farogty » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:20 am

Thanks a lot. I think it might be related to the consent document. If there is joint account with the applicant, then the other person should sign page 2.

I am worried, that this will be confusing as well.
In thr cohabitation evidence, we have many joint documents that are not utililty bills:
- council Tax
- rental agreement
- Letter from Letting agent

So I am thinking really, just ro take this joint bill out and start digging for separate letters to cover that time.

What does everyone think?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:11 am

farogty wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:20 am
Thanks a lot. I think it might be related to the consent document. If there is joint account with the applicant, then the other person should sign page 2.

I am worried, that this will be confusing as well.
In thr cohabitation evidence, we have many joint documents that are not utililty bills:
- council Tax
- rental agreement
- Letter from Letting agent

So I am thinking really, just ro take this joint bill out and start digging for separate letters to cover that time.

What does everyone think?
You have just repeated yourself. Read the previous advice again as it stands.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.