ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds maintenance Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Funds maintenance Issue

Post by rajesh_kksh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi,

I have a peculiar issue to get advice for. I will write summary and those who would like to know the details can read below as well ..
1) If I apply for Tier1 from India, do I have to show funds maintained in Indian account or a UK bank account would suffice?

Scenario -
I have been in the UK for almost 2 years now and my current WP is till Dec 2008. I was planning to apply for Tier1 shortly from the UK itself but unfortunately my project is finishing soon and I will now have to apply from India.
The issue - I have adequate minimum funds with me as per the Uk requirements however I guess if I apply from India I have to provide proof of minimum £2,800 in the last 3 months. Is this true ? Additionally, I read that "The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period." (refer http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant section 'More advice and information
') maintenance in me for the past 3 months. I had more than 2800 pounds since past 2 months but inadvertently withdrew some money (as I did not knew I will have to apply from India) and was transferred to my fathers account which left the balance much less than £2,800. Can I show the proof in UK bank account? Indian account is ICICI India and UK one is ICICI UK.

2) One of my friends who got Tier 1 from India, had a line in his letter asking to enter the UK within 28 days. Was this because he was entering UK for the first time or for ILR purpose ? I have WP till Dec end and will be leaving for India shortly. Would I have any restrictions around how soon I have to enter the UK ? I plan to renter around Jan 2009, so might lose out on the ILR advantage I had for the past 2 years:-(

Apologies for the long notes but I wanted to explain everything. Please could anyone suggest ?

Thanks,
Rajesh

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Another query. I have the IELTS certificate and NARIC obtained from UK with me. Can I use these to apply from India ?

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:35 am

For the maintenance funds, saw this discussion - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=28695 which is similar to my case except that my Bank is ICICI UK and ICICI India. I am still in UK but shall be leaving in August first week. Would anyone sugest that I should rather get the signed statements from ICICI UK on 1st August and apply before the 7th August in India. I can avoid the authorisation letter etc route but leaves me with little time to be carefull while applying.
Also, what is the difference if I maintain funds for next 3 months in India and apply in October Vs applying immediately in August. I anyways won't be able to come to UK before January 2009.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:08 am

For reference, read Tier 1 policy guidance
1. Maintenance funds - Read para 203 and 205
2. English language requirements - Read para 199, 200 and 201.

Where you maintain your funds - in UK or elsewhere - is immaterial to where the application is made. All you need to ensure is that bank statements must meet the "dated within 7 days of application" rule when applying from outside UK, even for your non-Indian bank account statements. How you manage it is entirely up to you. Since time is on your side and you are not in a hurry, I would suggest that you transfer money to India, wait for 3 months and then apply (personal opinion).

I think you are trying to somehow avoid resetting your ILR count. The fact is, any absence longer than 90 days (excluding absences due to business travel) will anyway reset your ILR clock. So if you are not planning to re-enter UK before Jan '09, whether you apply in August or in October or in December it wouldn't matter.

Check with BHC / UKBA if there is a time limit within which you must enter UK after getting your Tier 1 visa. Best to check with them rather than believe in hearsay.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks sushd, I tried sending mail to visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk but am getting a delivery failure. Has the email address changed or is there an alternate address ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:01 pm

BHC India website

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Related issue on previous earnings

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks. I have sent the queries to visqry and vfsuk.north@vfs-uk-in.com.

I am facing another problem due to the sudden end of my work contract. Two months back my company stopped including the foreign allowance in the Indian payslip and the payslip now looks like if I were just working in India. There is a separate allowance payslip provided but that has the net amount figure only(after tax). Now if I were to apply from India, I will have to show the following for the last 12 months -

- In UK - 7 months payslip with gross figures for India and UK salary
- In UK - 2 months -show net figure of allowance(No gross) + Indian salary (No uplift)
- In India - 3 months Indian Payslip (apply with uplift here as I would be in India)

With the above I still can get sufficient points but it looks complex. So to make it look simple, can I show the 2 months I was in UK as being in India since salary slip does not mention it anyway ? I think if I make it complicated it would be easier for the guys to reject the application !!

Do you think those guys check in detail when I really left the UK from the passport stamp ? Can I show the 2 months I was in UK as being in India ? So that I aply for 7 months as being in UK and 5 months in India ? Any advice much appreciated.

Raj

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: Related issue on previous earnings

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:27 pm

rajesh_kksh wrote:Thanks. I have sent the queries to visqry and vfsuk.north@vfs-uk-in.com.
Dont rely on any replies from VFS, they are useless and incompetent (personal experience). Only rely on replies from BHC.
rajesh_kksh wrote: With the above I still can get sufficient points but it looks complex. So to make it look simple, can I show the 2 months I was in UK as being in India since salary slip does not mention it anyway ? I think if I make it complicated it would be easier for the guys to reject the application !!

Do you think those guys check in detail when I really left the UK from the passport stamp ? Can I show the 2 months I was in UK as being in India ? So that I aply for 7 months as being in UK and 5 months in India ? Any advice much appreciated.

Raj
I understand that you intend to make application simple, but don't hide or change any facts in your application, as the consequences will be severe. Reading this will be helpful.
Last edited by CoolestGuyC on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks Coolest Guy,
The email id is the BHC in India (VFS address). Where else should I get the details from ? Please advice.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:16 pm

Here are your contact details:
sushdmehta wrote:BHC India website

regards

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:20 pm

I got both the email addresses from this link only. Should be fine then yeah ? If you had a negative experience with them, please share. Better to discuss and get the right information than sending query to the wrong id. Those guys would be handling 1000's of queries so it doesn't matter much for them. its only us who know the value of right information !!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:13 pm

rajesh_kksh wrote:I got both the email addresses from this link only. Should be fine then yeah ? If you had a negative experience with them, please share. Better to discuss and get the right information than sending query to the wrong id. Those guys would be handling 1000's of queries so it doesn't matter much for them. its only us who know the value of right information !!
Yes the BHC email ids would be fine. VFS email ids are not of much use. Also for your confirmation, email your queries to all 4 BHC's in India (Chennai, New Delhi, Calcutta, Mumbai). Keep a record of what reply you get, and for any specific issue, attach a copy of that email with your application. (saying that you had so-and-so instructions from so-and-so BHC in India).

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks coolestGuy, that is a good suggestion. Hope I do not get different answers from the 4 of them :-)..

rajesh_kksh
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh_kksh » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:46 pm

hey, one more thing. While I am still in the UK, is there anything I could do (any paper work) which would help me when I apply from India ? I already have IELTS and NARIC certificates. Shall be getting the rest (salary slips, funds proof etc) from India.
Please advise.