ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship registration for Child born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jagpalsingh97
Newly Registered

Citizenship registration for Child born outside UK

Post by jagpalsingh97 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi Guys

Just a quick question related to this.
I am applying for my 5 yr old's British Citizenship application. He is on ILR from last 5 years and I am a British Citizen and his mother is on ILR (We got it after his birth).
Do I need to fill MN1 form.

If yes, the Which option I need to pick from the below options.

1.Your parent is British by descent and lived in the UK or a British Overseas territory for at least 3 years before you were born

2.Your parent is British by descent and you and your parents (unless they are legally separated) are now living in the UK or a British Overseas territory

3.You were born on or after 13 January 2010 and your parent was serving in the UK armed forces

4.You were adopted abroad by British citizen parents

5.You were born before 1 July 2006 to a British father and your parents were not married

6.One or both of your parents is applying for British citizenship

7.Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary

Thanks In advance.
Jagpal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship registration for Child born outside UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm

Do I need to fill MN1 form.
Yes.
If yes, the Which option I need to pick from the below options.

1.Your parent is British by descent and lived in the UK or a British Overseas territory for at least 3 years before you were born

2.Your parent is British by descent and you and your parents (unless they are legally separated) are now living in the UK or a British Overseas territory

3.You were born on or after 13 January 2010 and your parent was serving in the UK armed forces

4.You were adopted abroad by British citizen parents

5.You were born before 1 July 2006 to a British father and your parents were not married

6.One or both of your parents is applying for British citizenship

7.Other - apply at the discretion of the Home Secretary
Option 7 for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.