ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading my documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manvipo

Filling AN Application form

Post by manvipo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:48 am

Hi everyone!
I wonder if someone might be able to help me with filling in my AN application.
I am struggling with understanding Section 6 of the application form. I have a biometric permanent resident card.
1 - on 6.1 I replied YES
2 - 6.2 I gave my PR card number
3 - 6.5 put for place issued and my nationality for 6.6
4- I don't want to enclose BRP. Do I need to say that the biometric permanent resident card is with me? Or do I state location like London?
I do not wish to return it as I am applying for jobs and traveling, I might need it.
This may sound obvious question but still not sure about this part.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Kind regards,
Manvipo.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling AN Application form

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:54 am

You apply online, it is unclear if you are looking at the paper form or online form. You can't use the paper form.

Once you submit and pay, you book and appointment with ukcvas for biometrics and document check. You upload your scanned documents before appointment. No originals are submitted anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:16 pm

Thanks for your answer CR001! I thought it was stopped but I managed download it as I thought it was removed. Then few months later I found out it came back online Which I then downloaded as I needed my referees to fill up their bits. How would you do this online?
I would later have to go to UKCVAS to get my documents checked.
What would you do instead? I am all confused now!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:20 pm

The paper form clearly says for applications not within the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... on-form-an
Become a British citizen by naturalisation (form AN)
Apply for citizenship by naturalisation if you live in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory or if you live elsewhere and want to apply by post.
The same link above says to apply online if you live in the UK, with a link to the online form. The online form also has the referee pages!!

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onality-an
If you do not live in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or a British Overseas Territory, you can apply online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks again CR001!
I did this before but I didn't know how to get my referees, who are busy, fill their bits. That's why I turned back t paper form without noticing what was mentioned above.
Back to my referees, how would you suggest me to get them to fill the online form again? Would I need to take my laptop around and how about their signatures?
Regarding The UKCVAS would the correct any mistake on my application and document?
Thanks again!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:08 pm

manvipo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:45 pm
Thanks again CR001!
I did this before but I didn't know how to get my referees, who are busy, fill their bits. That's why I turned back t paper form without noticing what was mentioned above.
Back to my referees, how would you suggest me to get them to fill the online form again? Would I need to take my laptop around and how about their signatures?
Regarding The UKCVAS would the correct any mistake on my application and document?
Thanks again!
You ask your referees the details required beforehand i.e. name, address, passport number, email etc. You fill that yourself. Once you complete the form, you print out referee form, stick your photo on and all they do is sign. You then upload that on the UKVCAS before your biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks 11417!

manvipo

Finished filling out AN form application now what?

Post by manvipo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 am

I finished with my AN form application. But I don't know if after playing I would have the option to have UKCVAS to check my documents. I am to the point of reviewing my application. Please help as I would like to have my application fnished this week.
Regarding my application though I would like to ask is
1- I am separated with my partner the mother of my kids. When asked what is my relationship status shall I put separated or single?
2 - Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner? I said yes should it be NO as I only have kids with my ex partner?
3 - If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? I said Yes ...is this right?
4 - Please confirm which requirement(s) you think you fail to meet and what special circumstances should
be considered. I responded with
My kids are born and raised in the United Kingdom. My family, friends and work have always been in this country for 25 years.
What do you think? I need to make sure it is right before I submit today.

These are the questions I am hesitant. Not sure I answered them right. Could a very kind soul please come to my assistance? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 pm

1- I am separated with my partner the mother of my kids. When asked what is my relationship status shall I put separated or single?
If you are married you state married. If you are not married then you state single.
2 - Do you have any children whose birth parent is not your partner? I said yes should it be NO as I only have kids with my ex partner?
The answer is yes if it is your ex partner.
3 - If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application? I said Yes ...is this right?
It is NO.
4 - Please confirm which requirement(s) you think you fail to meet and what special circumstances should
be considered. I responded with
My kids are born and raised in the United Kingdom. My family, friends and work have always been in this country for 25 years.
What do you think? I need to make sure it is right before I submit today.
You don't answer this, leave it blank.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks again CR001,

I cannot change the question 2 I said no. Thanks anyway! Is there any way to change that? :o :o ? Iam waiting for my funds to make the payment.
Will I get to print the referees bit and have them signed after the payment?
Can I restart the application and make the change?
Do I need to use UKCVAS?

Kind regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:35 am

Yes re referee form.

Yes re UKCVAS.

Yes you can start again if you have not yet paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Thank you so much, CR001!

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi again,

When applying for AN will I need to sit the B1 SELT - GESE Grade 5 test from Trinity college London if I have IT certifications CompTia and Microsoft taught in English? Or shall I just go for the B1 exam.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Your IT certificate s are not sufficient. You need a degree or B1 English test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:50 pm

Thanks again CR001! Passed my B1 waiting for the certificate to sent.
On the question have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad? I said no
But I am in 2 minds here as I did apply for my PR. Isn't that a previous application?
I also wish to submit my PR card after my naturalisation as I might need it for travel and work. I didn't have that option. Could you please help?
Kind regards,
Thanks.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:57 am

manvipo wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:50 pm
Thanks again CR001! Passed my B1 waiting for the certificate to sent.
On the question have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad? I said no
But I am in 2 minds here as I did apply for my PR. Isn't that a previous application?
I also wish to submit my PR card after my naturalisation as I might need it for travel and work. I didn't have that option. Could you please help?
Kind regards,
Thanks.
It’s difficult to understand from queries whether you are still applying via postal route or online.
ALL previous immigration applications made to the UK.. means you sought leave to live in the UK for an extended period... not tourist visa applications.
With the online process NO documents are physically sent to HO.
Try to read the guidance thoroughly and a general read of this forum would answer most of your questions..

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Help please I need to finish with my AN Form. It's stressful!

manvipo

Uploading my documents

Post by manvipo » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help on this. Contacted UKVCAS about my documents but after trying multiple times no email received.
Is there a way to personally upload my documents myself not use ukcvas and just have them to check them. Because I think what they do we could do ourselves. It's becoming ridiculous. Another way to extort money from poor people.

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Uploading my documents

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:19 pm

manvipo wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help on this. Contacted UKVCAS about my documents but after trying multiple times no email received.
Is there a way to personally upload my documents myself not use ukcvas and just have them to check them. Because I think what they do we could do ourselves. It's becoming ridiculous. Another way to extort money from poor people.

Thanks
This is a very bizarre question to come across.
If you’ve applied online than you can very well upload the docs ur self. You still go to ukvcas for biometrics

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:26 pm

Thanks aman90,

My question was what are the options to avoid using ukvcas? For example use the post office for my biometric or a lawyer to check my documents.

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 pm

manvipo wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:26 pm
Thanks aman90,

My question was what are the options to avoid using ukvcas? For example use the post office for my biometric or a lawyer to check my documents.

Thanks again!
There isn't any. You have to apply online and book an appointment with UKCVAS. Why don't you want to use UKCVAS??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Thanks CR001,

because i can only get £100 appointment and some according to what i read did have a smooth experience and its 50+ miles from where i live. i don't know when the new appointments do come and they are always gone in my area. i don't mind the £100 but when ones have to travel that far and waiting on the line in no shelter that can be an issue.
Could someone please advice me on when the new appointments come out?

Kind regards,
Manvipo

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:47 pm

manvipo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm
Thanks CR001,

because i can only get £100 appointment and some according to what i read did have a smooth experience and its 50+ miles from where i live. i don't know when the new appointments do come and they are always gone in my area. i don't mind the £100 but when ones have to travel that far and waiting on the line in no shelter that can be an issue.
Could someone please advice me on when the new appointments come out?

Kind regards,
Manvipo

Check 12 midnight when appointments for next day are rolled out.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:41 am

Thank you guys for your help from the bottom of my heart. I received my invitation to a citizenship ceremony and it only took just over a month.
Ukvcas was done on 25th of October and reply was done on the 21 of November.
Thanks again for everyone who helped!