ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Arrived into UK 3 months after start of ancestry visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tinker83
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Arrived into UK 3 months after start of ancestry visa

Post by Tinker83 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:21 am

Any help on this? I will be submitting payment and online application on the 1st of September.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:24 am

Page 8 in the link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf
Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering
the UK
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK
may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of
issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will
count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12-month period.
The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for
delayed entry.
If the delay is more than 180 days, you can only include time after the applicant
entered the UK in the continuous period calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tinker83
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Tinker83 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Thanks for that. So I don't need to record the 89 days? I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding this. There is no way to record this 89 days on the application online forms.

Tinker83
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Tinker83 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:06 pm

A response to above would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know how to record time from clearance to when arriving in the UK, when using the online forms.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:33 am

You do not need to enter it on the form. It will be calculated by the case worker based on your answer to the question on when you entered the UK.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tinker83
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Tinker83 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:52 am

Hello, I was granted indefinite leave to remain 2 weeks ago, but I still have not received my biometrics visa card. I paid the full amount for 24 hour turn around. Three days ago I received £800 back into my account from some sort of government services not exactly sure but thinking I have been reimbursed for not getting the card within 24 hours.

I'm flying out to stuggart on Thursday, this is why I paid for 24 hour turn around.

Does anyone have a contact number to try and figure out what's going on with my visa? Or a email?

Do I have to be at home to receive and sign for the visa? Is there anyway I can know what day it will be delivered?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Priority service is only for getting a decision in 24 hours NOT to get a BRP card in 24 hours. BRP cards may take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
If you are an Australian, you do NOT need your BRP to travel back. Use the E-Gate in the airport, there is no need for a BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Tinker83
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Tinker83 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:32 am

Zimba,

Thanks for the response. Are you certain of travelling without the BRP? What if I get pulled up on my way back in without the card?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:50 pm

You should face no issues entering with your passport via eGates and will be admitted as a returning resident (ILR holder).
In case you are questioned (very rare), UKVI will check the records and you will be admitted as a returning resident (ILR holder).
How will I be granted Leave to Enter if I’m coming to the UK with Indefinite Leave to Remain or a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa?
You do not need to be granted Leave to Enter as your entry clearance or Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) already has the effect of granting you leave to enter the United Kingdom. You will not receive a stamp in your passport or a written notice following your use of the ePassport gate.
https://www.faster-uk-entry.service.gov ... ie-check=1

platea1
Newly Registered

Post by platea1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:18 am

My situation seems to be similar.

I have receieved a text notification that my ILR (from an Ancestry Visa) has been granted. However I still haven't received the BRP in the post.

Am I correct in understanding that I can travel before I receive the BRP and enter as explained here using my NZ passport at the e-passport gates?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:28 pm

Yes