ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent maintenance funds question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T4toT2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 Dependant Visa application list of Documents

Post by T4toT2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:39 pm

I have just drafted an online version of the tier 2 dependant visa application and the document requirements seems pretty much simple. It doesn't look complicated and it doesn't ask for any additional documents, Please suggest if the listed documents from this application list would suffice or would i provide extra documents to make it more complicated. Please see the list it's only asking for

Mandatory Documents:
My wife's Passport

Other Documents:
My BRP & Passport (Photocopy i believe or do i have to send original)
Marriage Certificate (Translated and notarised by practicing solicitor)
Proof of relationship status (I believe it's Wedding/Family photo, WhatsApp chat, imo chat, emails, travel tickets, phone bills etc)

Information you do not have to provide:
You do not need to prove maintenance because your sponsor is certifying your maintenance

Here's few thing i need to double check can someone please advise, do i need any of these additional documents or i don't:

1. Tenancy agreement and health and safety certificate for the shared property that I rent, is it mandatory to send the Tenancy agreement and health and safety certificate and how do I go about it. Can the named person (main property renter from landlord N.B: he's not the landlord ) I rent the room from gives me the tenancy agreement or does it need to be coming from the actual landlord? As previously the main property renter (not the landlord) did provide the shared property tenancy agreement for other persons dependant visa application and it worked as they got their visa successfully. Do I have to provide the health and safety certificate to say renting property safe for me and my dependent or it's not mandatory? I have come to know so many people in the past required both tenancy agreement and health & safety certificate for their dependant application. Please advise...

2. Do I still have to get the maintenance or job-related letter from my boss about my job or maintenance as she's applying separately now and I applied back in 2017? Does that Y tick on my CoS valid for my wife's maintenance or shall still need a maintenance letter? A bit confused although the documents requirement section didn't ask for it. is it safe to provide a letter from my boss for her maintenance or just ignore it altogether as Y ticked on my CoS and UKVI is not asking for in the required documents section? please suggest...

3. Do I need to provide 3 monthly payslips or 3 month bank statements at all (i think bank statement totally irrelevant but how about 3-month payslips. does it show extra confidence or additional documents creates extra complexity) Any idea...

One more point about SOC 2139: Salary when i applied in 2017 was £21,600 under this SOC code but now in 2019 to be eligible for tier 2 visa under SOC 2139 Salary needs to be £22,700. So salary has increased by£1100, would it impact anyway for my dependant application as my salary £1100 less as per the current SOC code 2139 in 2019.

SOC 2139 Salary in 2017: 21600
SOC 2139 Salary in 2019: 22700

Would it impact my dependant application anyway at all or my £21600 salary still valid under SOC 2139 code in 2017.

I will greatly appreciate your effective advice on this

T4toT2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by T4toT2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:34 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:05 am
Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:00 am
My assumptions are:

- The main applicant is already in the UK
- The main applicant didn't have to show proof of maintenance (Employer license covers maintenance)
- The OP is applying separately from the main applicant
The main applicant had to show maintenance fund proof in the form of the CoS that would have been ticked that sponsor is covering maintenance funds. Proving maintenance funds is mandatory for ALL Tier 2 entry clearance visas.

It is not the 'Employer license' that covers maintenance. Not all employers tick the box on the CoS to certify maintenance. It varies greatly.

The OP has to meet the maintenance funds requirement for an entry clearance dependent visa, either with 90 days bank statements or evidence the tier 2 employer has certified maintenance for the main tier 2 visa holder and the dependent, in this case the CoS with the box ticked.
Hi CR001 I'm in a similar situation as I'm about to apply for my wife's tier 2 dependent visa application-

- I'm on a Tier 2 visa (main applicant) and I applied back in December 2017 wherein my CoS maintenance box was ticked Y for me (and dependants) if applicable.

So my question is do I have to get the maintenance letter from my boss or that maintenance on my CoS would suffice. as I have just drafted an online application for my dependants and it shows the list of documents I require and I don't require-

Mandatory

My wife's Passport

Other Documents

Proof of relationship status (I believe it's Wedding/Family photo, WhatsApp chat, imo chat, emails, travel tickets, phone bills etc)

Information you do not have to provide
You do not need to prove maintenance because your sponsor is certifying your maintenance

Please advise....Many thanks.

T4toT2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by T4toT2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:32 am
Thank you for taking the time to explain. It's clear now. It's always compulsory but either demonstrated by the funds being held at bank or certified in the CoS by the employer.

Hi @Zerubbabel

- I'm on a Tier 2 visa (main applicant) and I applied back in December 2017 wherein my CoS maintenance box was ticked Y for me (and dependants) if applicable.

So my question is do I have to get the maintenance letter from my boss or that maintenance on my CoS would suffice. as I have just drafted an online application for my dependants and it shows the list of documents I require and I don't require.

Mandatory

My wife's Passport

Other Documents

Information you do not have to provide

Please, someone, help me out here as I'm planning to apply in the next few days.

Many Thanks.