ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Registration Application pending for 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bonanza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 Registration Application pending for 6 months

Post by bonanza » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi Experts,

My son was born in Pakistan (I was on Tier-1 visa at that time) and moved to the UK in January 2014. I submitted his Registration application on the 28th March and attended Sopra Steria appointment on the 12th April this year in Croydon. I have a British passport, while my wife was on ILR at the time of my son's application submission.

It's been six months now but we have not received any response from home office apart from his application confirmation email.

Does it usually take this long?
If I want to contact home office in regards to the status of his application, what's their contact information?

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 Registration Application pending for 6 months

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Yes sometimes it takes more than 6 months. Wait to hear back.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ZAGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZAGill » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi,

I had submitted application for my son a couple of months ago and still waiting. Not sure why there would be such difference in the timescales as some people have mentioned on the webpage that they got a response within month or 2!
As 6 months have lapsed, I think you should contact Home office via there contact us section. Not sure if there is any other way of contacting them.

bonanza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bonanza » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:42 pm

I did email them and received this reply

"I am sorry the application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete."

Not sure what enquiries they need to make for a 6 years old kid. We are not even able to travel abroad due to this reason.

ZAGill
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZAGill » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 pm

My child was just 8 months old when I applied and I am in the same boat. Cannot travel and currently my circumstances are such that it is an absolute necessity. Not sure what do....:(

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 pm

bonanza wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi Experts,

My son was born in Pakistan (I was on Tier-1 visa at that time) and moved to the UK in January 2014. I submitted his Registration application on the 28th March and attended Sopra Steria appointment on the 12th April this year in Croydon. I have a British passport, while my wife was on ILR at the time of my son's application submission.

It's been six months now but we have not received any response from home office apart from his application confirmation email.

Does it usually take this long?
If I want to contact home office in regards to the status of his application, what's their contact information?

Many Thanks.
Just want to know, is your son had ILR before registration application?

bonanza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bonanza » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:08 am

I finally got the citizenship certificate today, it took 6 and half months. My son did not have ILR as we applied for his Registration directly.