ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to dependent Tier-1.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

05years
Newly Registered

Work Permit to dependent Tier-1.

Post by 05years » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi,

I've checked this forum for previous posts and most of my queries are resolved yet there are a couple of them which are probarbly not so common...

I've got an HSMP in Dec 07 and previous to that was on Work Permit. My husband is here on Work Permit and wants to switch to Dependent Tier-1.

Problem is , tenancy agreement is on his name and I am listed as secondary tenant..Will this be a problem when applying for dependent through VFS India ... because guidance says acco proof should be on main visa holder's name...

Also, do we need to prove that he is going to quit current job and will be dependent on me...because his work permit is valid for another year ?

Also, I was on leave for a couple of months when I quit previous job and started on the new one.. So I don't have consecutive 6 months latest pay slips though the maintenance funds is not a problem...

Any inputs please...

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Problem is , tenancy agreement is on his name and I am listed as secondary tenant..Will this be a problem when applying for dependent through VFS India ... because guidance says acco proof should be on main visa holder's name...
Where is it listed that accommodation proof should only be on main visa holder's name? Can you provide a link please? I don't think that this would be an issue, if the rental agreement states both your and your husband's names.
Also, do we need to prove that he is going to quit current job and will be dependent on me...because his work permit is valid for another year ?
In my opinion this is not required.
Also, I was on leave for a couple of months when I quit previous job and started on the new one.. So I don't have consecutive 6 months latest pay slips though the maintenance funds is not a problem...
This also wont be a problem. You can explain your circumstances in your husband's application along with the contract of employment from your current employer. As long as you have sufficient funds, EC application wont be rejected because last 6 months payslips were not provided.