ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status for minor

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angie77

Settled status for minor

Post by Angie77 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:47 pm

I applied for settled status for my children and I sent all the letters I'd received from their school. However, Home office requested more residence evidence so I sent ultility bills under my name and proof of relationship. The home office was not satisfied and said it needs to be on my daughter's name. Since she's a minor I don't have any utility bill under her name only school paperwork. Can anyone shed some light, please?? I don't know what to do. :( :?

birkeneve
Canada

Re: Settled status for minor

Post by birkeneve » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:26 pm

If your kids have had a steady doctor, could the doctor write a letter stating when your kids became patients?

EEAnonEEA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EEAnonEEA » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 pm

@Angie77 Are you and your children EEA citizen? Have you received settled status yourself?

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Not an option because we moved a few times in the last few years and although they are registered with a GB surgery they actually never needed to go. This settled status system is getting on my nervous :cry:

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Angie77 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:09 pm
Not an option because we moved a few times in the last few years and although they are registered with a GB surgery they actually never needed to go. This settled status system is getting on my nervous :cry:
Write a letter to where you are meant to send the utility emphasising the age of your children and how they CANNOT have bills in their own name. It's just common sense.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:59 pm

EEAnonEEA wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:07 pm
@Angie77 Are you and your children EEA citizen? Have you received settled status yourself?
parents are dual British/ European citizens so we are not entitled to settled status.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:04 pm

CAN ANYONE PLEASE CONFIRM IF A CHILD UNDER 21 WHO CAN'T PROVE THEY ARE HERE FOR 5 YEARS BUT HAVE BOTH PARENTS DUAL EU/BRITISH CITIZENS, WOULD BE ENTITLED TO SETTLED STATUS UNDER condition 7 in rule EU11???? BELLOW IS THE PIECE OF GUIDANCE I FOUND:

Child under the age of 21
An EEA citizen will be eligible for ILE or ILR under the scheme as a child under the
age of 21 under condition 7 in rule EU11, including where they have a continuous
qualifying period of residence in the UK and Islands of less than 5 years, where:
• you are satisfied, including by the required evidence of family relationship, that
they are a child under the age of 21 of a relevant EEA citizen or of their spouse
or civil partner (see assessing family relationship) and either:
o the marriage or civil partnership was formed before the specified date
o the person who is now the spouse or civil partner of the relevant EEA citizen
was their durable partner and the durable partnership remained durable at
the specified date
And, in addition, either:
• the relevant EEA citizen (or the spouse or civil partner) has been or is being
granted indefinite leave to remain under the scheme
• where the relevant EEA citizen (or the spouse or civil partner) is an Irish citizen
who has not made a valid application under the scheme, they would be granted
that leave if they made such a valid application
• the relevant EEA citizen (or the spouse or civil partner) is a relevant naturalised
British citizen (in accordance with sub-paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) of the
relevant definition in Annex 1 to Appendix EU)

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm

I have one more question. what is '' a relevant naturalised
relevant definition in Annex 1 to Appendix EU)'' ???

I could not find the piece of legislation specifying this so I would be grateful if someone can help me clarify this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Angie77 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:24 pm
I have one more question. what is '' a relevant naturalised
relevant definition in Annex 1 to Appendix EU)'' ???

I could not find the piece of legislation specifying this so I would be grateful if someone can help me clarify this.
Google?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ppendix-eu
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 am

Thank you everyone who replied.

After a lot of arguing with the HO, my EU child was finally granted settled status under condition 7 in rule EU11 without proof of 5 years of residence. Parents dual EU/BR naturalised citizens. I thought someone could benefit from this information. It's worth fighting for your rights!

Thanks everyone! This forum has been of invaluable help!