ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Applying for UK naturalisation

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:16 pm

Dear experts,

Need some advice. I got my ILR last year and will be applying for my naturalization. I have the following queries to proceed:

1. I cleared my English test while applying for ILR. Do I need to get a certificate from NARIC to prove my English? Reason for asking is that while submitting the form, via www.gov.uk, in the end it asks me to submit a NARIC certificate. Do I really need to get one?

2. I am only filling the form available on https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk. Is there anything else I need to fill in?

3. Do I need to send my documents such as Passport, BRC card etc in original after I submit my application? If so, I am sort of stuck as the application may take considerable amount of time.

4. Is there a same day service for naturalization?

Thanks
Mansoor

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for UK naturalisation

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:20 pm

No.
2. I am only filling the form available on https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk. Is there anything else I need to fill in?
You fill that form + it will give you a form you print twice and give to your referees. There is nothing more to print.

At the end of the online form, you will be given the list of all documents you need to send.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks a ton.

Any thoughts on below:

1. I cleared my English test while applying for ILR. Do I need to get a certificate from NARIC to prove my English? Reason for asking is that while submitting the form, via www.gov.uk, in the end it asks me to submit a NARIC certificate. Do I really need to get one?

Thanks
Mansoor

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:23 pm
Thanks a ton.

Any thoughts on below:

Thanks
Mansoor
“ Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test”

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

NARIC is for a degree done abroad. You do not need NARIC for a English Test.

The checklist asks about NARIC, most likely because you mentioned your degree abroad.

You need to say NO to that question.

And meet your english requirement with the english test.

With your degree abroad you cannot meet the english requirements for immigration even if it was in english without NARIC.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Thanks.

So does it mean that I do not need to prove my degree (in English) anymore if I do not select aboard degree?

FYI - I came here as an expatriate and not as a student.

Below are the questions in the form. What shall I select?

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013? - Yes
2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English? - Yes
3. Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? - Yes
4. What will you use to prove your degree taught in English? - Degree certificate.

Are these answers correct?

Thanks
Mansoor
Last edited by mansoorb on Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:48 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:45 pm
Thanks.

So does it mean that I do not need to prove my degree (in English) anymore if I do not select aboard degree?

FYI - I came here as an expatriate and not as a student.

Thanks
Mansoor
HO is not interested in your degree abroad as you can not use that to meet the requirement.

If you mention that, the system wrongly brings up NARIC in the checklist.

Given you are relying on English Test, you do not need to mention your degree abroad.

You need to mention your English Test only details instead.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks.

So what shall I answer in below questions?

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
3. Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
4. What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?

Mansoor

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:58 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm
Thanks.

So what shall I answer in below questions?

1. Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
3. Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
4. What will you use to prove your degree taught in English?

Mansoor
1) Yes
2) No

The sequence is not like you have mentioned above.

Just select NO to degree and select English test to meet the requirement.

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Sorted.

Thank you very much dear. This is amazing. You resolved my queries. A big hug and a THANK YOU.

Thanks
Mansoor

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:04 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Sorted.

Thank you very much dear. This is amazing. You resolved my queries. A big hug and a THANK YOU.

Thanks
Mansoor
🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:08 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:16 pm
Dear experts,

Need some advice. I got my ILR last year and will be applying for my naturalization. I have the following queries to proceed:

Make sure its the AN online form

3. Do I need to send my documents such as Passport, BRC card etc in original after I submit my application? If so, I am sort of stuck as the application may take considerable amount of time.
Once you submit and pay that will be your date of application. You then upload documents. Take originals (just incase needs to be rescanned if any issues- rarely will be any) to the UKVCAS centre. You will be able to book an appointment after you pay and submit to provide your biometrics. Originals are returned after appointment including passport and BRP

No

Thanks
Mansoor

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Cool.

Once you submit and pay that will be your date of application. You then upload documents. Take originals (just incase needs to be rescanned if any issues- rarely will be any) to the UKVCAS centre. You will be able to book an appointment after you pay and submit to provide your biometrics. Originals are returned after appointment including passport and BRP

- So, once I pay my fees online, I have to wait for the date of the appointment to show them the originals? What is a UKVCAS centre? Is it were I submit my Biometrics?

Thanks
Mansoor

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:22 pm

mansoorb wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:17 pm
Cool.

- So, once I pay my fees online, I have to wait for the date of the appointment to show them the originals? What is a UKVCAS centre? Is it were I submit my Biometrics?

Thanks
Mansoor
1) You fill application.
2) You pay and submit
3) System will let you create an account on sopra (UKVCAS) where you will upload your documents and book your appointment. Appointment date depends on various factors like your location, if you want a quick paid appointment or free one. You may have to wait longer for a free appointment.
4) You upload all documents anytime before the appointment then.
5) Take originals with you to UKVCAS centre. UKVCAS is the centre that deals with your biometrics now. Also, verifies your uploaded documents and sends to HO.
6) Original Documents returned after appointment.
7) Done

mansoorb
Mood:
India

Post by mansoorb » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Once again, thank you very much. This addresses all my queries.

Thanks
Mansoor

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:37 pm

Good.

Above has few of the answers, i was looking for.

Thanks