ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form related queries and referees.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

curiousja
India

Re: MN1 form related queries and referees.

Post by curiousja » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello

Please help me on the list of documents that I need to submit with my daughter’s MN1 application-

 Proof of Mr xxx (father) parental responsibility for Ms yyy.--?? (Is it a birth certificate of my daughter)

 Proof of Mrs mmmm (mother) parental responsibility for Ms xxx.--?? (Is it a birth certificate of my daughter)

 If Ms xxx told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.

-- Do I need to submit BRP and letter both and also a copy of my passport?
-- Do I need to submit BRP and passport of my wife as well currently she is on Tier-2 visa?

 A letter of consent from Ms xxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) The letter must: give their full names and addresses say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship If you have more than one parent or legal guardian, they must both sign the letter and confirm that they agree to what it says. If you only have one parent or legal guardian they must explain why the other parent is unable to consent e.g. whereabouts unknown, no contact since MM/YYYY.

-- In consent letter, there is a section for father and mother which does not have any space for the address, after filling this we don’t have to fill the guardian one. Shall we put address separately or just sign it.

 Two referee declarations for Ms xxx.

-- My first referee is BC with age more than 25, my second one (also BC) knows my daughter for about more than a year as a professional referee, is that OK?

 If Ms xxx has a passport then provide this with your application. If Ms xxx does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

—will submit her passport

 Ms xxx's birth certificate (showing details of both parents).

- Will submit a birth certificate

 Ms xxx's current biometric residence permit (BRP).

- Will submit current BRP

 If Ms xxx told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

-- not applicable

 Do I need to submit other documents such as my wife’s passport, BRP, my salary slip, bank statements, address proof related documents for my daughter? or I'm missing anything

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi

I will be grateful if you could please help me with the above questions related to documents for MN1 form.
Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:57 pm

curiousja wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:27 pm
Hello

Please help me on the list of documents that I need to submit with my daughter’s MN1 application-

 Proof of Mr xxx (father) parental responsibility for Ms yyy.--?? (Is it a birth certificate of my daughter)

 Proof of Mrs mmmm (mother) parental responsibility for Ms xxx.--?? (Is it a birth certificate of my daughter)

 If Ms xxx told us that their parent is settled in the UK then you must provide us evidence of their settled status. This could include a BRP, a letter from the Home Office, an endorsement in their passport or another document certifying permanent residence.

-- Do I need to submit BRP and letter both and also a copy of my passport?
-- Do I need to submit BRP and passport of my wife as well currently she is on Tier-2 visa?
Submit a passport copy and BRP copy of the mother as children usually go by the mother

 A letter of consent from Ms xxx's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) The letter must: give their full names and addresses say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship If you have more than one parent or legal guardian, they must both sign the letter and confirm that they agree to what it says. If you only have one parent or legal guardian they must explain why the other parent is unable to consent e.g. whereabouts unknown, no contact since MM/YYYY.
Just draft a simple letter of consent and both mother and father sign. Add the contact details there

-- In consent letter, there is a section for father and mother which does not have any space for the address, after filling this we don’t have to fill the guardian one. Shall we put address separately or just sign it.

 Two referee declarations for Ms xxx.

-- My first referee is BC with age more than 25, my second one (also BC) knows my daughter for about more than a year as a professional referee, is that OK?

 If Ms xxx has a passport then provide this with your application. If Ms xxx does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

—will submit her passport

 Ms xxx's birth certificate (showing details of both parents).

- Will submit a birth certificate

 Ms xxx's current biometric residence permit (BRP).

- Will submit current BRP

 If Ms xxx told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate.

-- not applicable

 Do I need to submit other documents such as my wife’s passport, BRP, my salary slip, bank statements, address proof related documents for my daughter? or I'm missing anything
No. Just the mother passport and BRP for ID purpose
Also, your passport and BRP

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Thanks!
Rest all above is fine.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks,

My wife his on Tier-2 visa so it will OK to submit her passport and BRP along with my passport and ILR BRP?

I have a few more question, please help me on the following-

I will be using my email in my daughter's application so in the question-

Who does this email belong to?
(Required)
-The applicant
-An immigration adviser based in the UK
-Someone else

-- Someone else is correct?

Then I'm filling Nationality details and afterward, it asks-

Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship?(Required)
You must provide all the nationalities that you currently hold or have ever held.
Yes/ No

Please suggest do I need to mention Indian again (which I mentioned earlier) or I should say No here?

Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
-- As I'm using my (father's) telephone and email address in my daughter's application so I'm saying yes, later for my wife it asks again, we share common address but email and telephones can be different should I say yes here?

Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?(Required)
Yes/No
--I guess we are from India should I say No?

Declaration
I confirm that:(Required)
I am the applicant
I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

--As I'm filling this for my daughter which one I should tick from the above?

Looking forward to your reply,

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:21 am

curiousja wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:54 pm
Thanks,

My wife his on Tier-2 visa so it will OK to submit her passport and BRP along with my passport and ILR BRP?
Thats fine.

(Required)
-The applicant
-Someone else

-- Someone else is correct? Yes. Does it ask who in the next question?

Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship?(Required)
You must provide all the nationalities that you currently hold or have ever held.
Yes/ No
No as its just asking in the sequence referring to any other nationality other than indian

Please suggest do I need to mention Indian again (which I mentioned earlier) or I should say No here?

Does your parent or legal guardian share your address, telephone number and email?
-- As I'm using my (father's) telephone and email address in my daughter's application so I'm saying yes, later for my wife it asks again, we share common address but email and telephones can be different should I say yes here?

I don’t understand this. You are using your father’s address?
Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?(Required)
Yes/No
--I guess we are from India should I say No?
No

Declaration
I am the applicant
I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Representative and it will ask your details then

Thanks!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:50 am

Thanks,

(Required)
-The applicant
-Someone else

-- Someone else is correct? Yes. Does it ask who in the next question?
-- No, this is the starting question, the series of questions were like this-
-Are you in the UK?-- Yes
-Email address-- My email address
-Who does this email belong to?--Some one else

Do you have an immigration adviser based in the UK?-- No
Please suggest is it correct to put someone else here?

Yes/ No
No as its just asking in the sequence referring to any other nationality other than Indian
-- Thanks

I don’t understand this. You are using your father’s address?
Father means my address, it comes under following questions-
Parent or legal guardian details
Which parent or legal guardian would you like to add details about?--Father
This is my biological parent
Title
Given names
Family name
Date of birth
Town of birth
Country of birth

Similarly the questions are for mother, so in a following question for mother, should I say yes, yes we live together although telephone (e.g., mobile) no. or her email may vary

Declaration
I am the applicant

Representative and it will ask your details then

-- No, this is the last section before pay and is a part of declaration, it says-

Declaration
Service Update
By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct:
• the information relating to the application
• the supporting evidence

Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions.
If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and prosecuted.
I am the applicant
Please suggest which one should I put??

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi

I would be grateful if you could please help me with the above questions.

many thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:43 pm

1) Sharing address, mobile phone, email? Say yes to both father and mother.

2) “Someone else” as you are acting on behalf of the child.

3) Representative would be correct because the child can not act for him/herself so “I am the applicant” will not be correct. I did the same for my daughter had no issues. Her MN1 was approved in 28 days.

I would suggest you to add a cover letter also mentioning that both parents consent to make MN1 application for your child. Sign, date and mention contact details.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks,
Please suggest in -

3) Representative would be correct because the child can not act for him/herself so “I am the applicant” will not be correct. I did the same for my daughter had no issues. Her MN1 was approved in 28 days.

It doesn't mean other agents/representative or it can be father, as I'm filling this for my daughter.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm

curiousja wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:05 pm
Thanks,
Please suggest in -

It doesn't mean other agents/representative or it can be father, as I'm filling this for my daughter.
Yea the father is the representative for the child.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Ok thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 am

Hi

Regarding declaration, I'm having a doubt, as in the following link moderator suggests to tick I'm applicant for a 3-year-old. Please see below-

british-citizenship/declaration-for-mn1 ... 88735.html

I request you to please help me with this, which one I should tick? as in my case my daughter's age is between 3 and 4 years.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:32 pm

curiousja wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 am
Hi

Regarding declaration, I'm having a doubt, as in the following link moderator suggests to tick I'm applicant for a 3-year-old. Please see below-

british-citizenship/declaration-for-mn1 ... 88735.html

I request you to please help me with this, which one I should tick? as in my case my daughter's age is between 3 and 4 years.

Thanks!
I ticked the representative in my daughter’s case but you can follow what Zimba has quoted in the thread you mentioned.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks!

Sorry, the other thread (please see below) says the second option (as you mentioned in your earlier post).

british-citizenship/questions-on-mn1-form-t283336.html

I guess (3-4) year old can't act as an applicant, it has to be parents (which in this context are representative of the applicant), correct?

I will appreciate it if anyone else has a child of similar age group and filled the MN1 form, could also help me on this!

Thanks again for your help!!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi
I have some more queries-

--Provide your postal address- xxx

Is this where you live? Yes

When did you start living at this address? yyy

Have you lived at your current address for 5 years? No

Now it asks for previous address-

--Previous address

Enter a previous address in the last 5 years, starting with the most recent. You will be able to add additional addresses after you click 'Save and continue'.

Date you lived there from

Date you lived there to

Previous address

Please suggest do I need to enter here my current postal address again or have to enter the address before living to the current address?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:54 pm

curiousja wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:44 pm
Thanks!

Sorry, the other thread (please see below) says the second option (as you mentioned in your earlier post).

british-citizenship/questions-on-mn1-form-t283336.html

I guess (3-4) year old can't act as an applicant, it has to be parents (which in this context are representative of the applicant), correct?

I will appreciate it if anyone else has a child of similar age group and filled the MN1 form, could also help me on this!

Thanks again for your help!!
What more confirmation you need? You have been advised and have the relevant threads. Decision is yours now. You are overthinking this.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi
Please help me with the question related to previous addresses.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Your child is 3/4 so you really cant give 5 years address. Just tick “Yes” to 5 years living at address question. HO knows how old your child is.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks,
How about if I say no and give about 4 years of address?

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Thanks,
How about if I say no and give about 4 years of previous addresses where she lived?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:13 pm

curiousja wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Thanks,
How about if I say no and give about 4 years of previous addresses where she lived?
Both are fine. These are minor things to matter for a child.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks!