ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK born child Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK born child Citizenship

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:03 am

Hi CR/Marc/Zimba and other moderators

Firstly thank you for your help on this forum to people like me who seek guidance.

I just received my ILR. Now I want to apply my daughters citizenship/passport who was born here

1. Can you guide where to start ?
2. What is quickest route for this process ?
3. Do I have to apply citizenship first and then passport ? Are these two different applications for a child ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK born child Citizenship

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:17 am

1. Can you guide where to start ?
Register your children as British using form MN1
Guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance
Apply here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/mn1
2. What is quickest route for this process ?
There is no quick or fast service available. This takes between 3-6 months
3. Do I have to apply citizenship first and then passport ? Are these two different applications for a child ?
You must register them as British first then when the certificates arrive, you can apply for their first passport
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:31 am

Hi zimba

Thank you for your such quick response.

Also, her current BRP expires 26th October 2019.

If I apply to register her at citizen, means she won’t be able to travel while application is in process ?

Specially if I decided to travel after 26th and her citizenship application still in process then she won’t be able to leave uk and come back ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:32 am

Correct. She can leave but she needs a valid BRP to board the plane and enter the UK. Also remember that even the certificate of registration cannot be used for travel. She must have a British passport for travel and readmission
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:40 am

Means if I plan to go on holiday in December, my best shot is to apply her registration ASAP and pray that she gets registration application approved soon. After which I can apply for her passport.

Correct ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:43 am

Yes but the application may not be approved by then. The passport application also can take few weeks on top of that.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi zimba

Thanks for your response.

So it’s okay if I apply for my child’s registration now and in the meanwhile travel and come back before expiry of her brp 26th October ? There will be no restrictions at all ?

And similarly I would like to apply tier 1 ent dependent visa for my wife as well. Her brp expires 26th Oct as wel. Is she okay to travel and come back from london and back while her application is in progress as long as it’s before expiry date of current brp ?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm

As long as they have valid visa, they can travel

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Zimba

Sorry to bother again and please understand I am not trying to ask same thing again however

When I was applying my ILR, I was informed on this group that if I travel while my ILR application is in process, even if I have valid brp left, I will not be able to return and will have to do a new application altogether from outside uk.

Is this rule different for dependent application ? And different for child’s citizenship registration application as well ?( And both of them will be able to return as long as visa hasn’t expired and application in process )

Just a bit confused yet surprised that’s why asked it.

Also if you can refer me to any guideline that states this.
Much appreciate and thank you for your continuous quick replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:20 pm

You cannot travel out of the UK if you have an application pending with HO. You risk it being withdrawn.

They should travel first and then apply when they return as they must return before their visas expire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi CR

Thank you.

Apparently this is in contrary to what Zimba said. Or maybe my understanding is incorrect.

In short, no travel allowed if there is an application pending whether it’s ILR, Child British citizenship registration or dependent visa.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 pm

The no travel while application pending applies to immigration applications, ie visas and ilr and NOT to British citizenship applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Hi CR/ZImba/Marcnath Experts

I am applying to register my child as a british citizen. I have a few queries if you can help urgently (like always) . Appreciate that in advance.

1. On Referee forms, does the picture of applicant have to be signed on the back. ?
2. For proof of parental responsibility of Father & Mother, is birth certificate the correct document for both ?
3. Since my daughter is 3, we were unable to get a referee that was health visitor or minister of religion, is an accountant okay ?
4. As for appointment at UKVCAS itself, do both parents have to be present with child ?
5. The documents attached are following: please let me know if anything else is needed ?:
Child Birth Certificate, Child BRP, Child Passport, Father ILR BRP, Parents Marriage Certificate, two referee
forms signed with pictures, Parents consent form,

Thanks awaiting response.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Hi CR001, Zimba, Marcnath / Experts

I am awaiting your kind expert opinion. Have my appointment very shortly.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:00 am

1. On Referee forms, does the picture of applicant have to be signed on the back. ?
No
2. For proof of parental responsibility of Father & Mother, is birth certificate the correct document for both ?
Correct
3. Since my daughter is 3, we were unable to get a referee that was health visitor or minister of religion, is an accountant okay ?
If you cannot find a referee who dealt with the child in his/her professional capacity, you must demonstrate that you tried and the professional were not willing to give their details and instead you can use a normal professional
4. As for appointment at UKVCAS itself, do both parents have to be present with child ?
No. A parent will be enough
5. The documents attached are following: please let me know if anything else is needed ?:
Child Birth Certificate, Child BRP, Child Passport, Father ILR BRP, Parents Marriage Certificate, two referee
forms signed with pictures, Parents consent form,

The doc list on the online system should be followed

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Zimba

thank you for your kind response.

As for the consent form, I hope i am right to only sign page 1 of the consent form (by father & mother both). 2nd page is only for guardian (not needed) and 3rd page is child consent (do we have to sign it on childs behalf or just leave it empty) ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:40 am

Correct

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi Zimba

Thank you again for your kind responses.

I have submitted application and Biomterics for my daughter now, you have been a great help in the process.

I would like to know from your experience knowing cases here on forum, Just in case, HO is not happy with referee (as we were not able to get one from health visitor), do they reject the application or ask to furnish another one ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:44 pm

No. They ask you to provide an alternative. Refusals only happen when the applicant is clearly not eligible

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:45 pm

Thank you. I wish and pray for your well being. You guys on this forum do a remarkable job and I wish you all the best.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi Zimba/Marcnath

Just a thought that occurred to me: I have applied for my daughters Registration as Citizen. Biometrics are done as well. However her current BRP expires 26th october - obviously I am not gonna get response on her Citizenship application before that most likely - Is this something to be concerned about ?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:11 pm

alijafri wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi Zimba/Marcnath

Just a thought that occurred to me: I have applied for my daughters Registration as Citizen. Biometrics are done as well. However her current BRP expires 26th october - obviously I am not gonna get response on her Citizenship application before that most likely - Is this something to be concerned about ?

Thanks
No
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.