ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone have any luck with ceremony cancellations?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jenglasgow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Anyone have any luck with ceremony cancellations?

Post by jenglasgow » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:43 pm

Hello. I scheduled my citizenship ceremony today and got the earliest available date, 19 November. Private ceremonies arent available until that date too so no way to pay for an earlier date. I am travelling on 21 December so it is going to be a bit tight to get my passport but was not expecting a 5 week wait for a ceremony. Has anyone had any luck calling the council regularly in the Hope's of a cancellation? Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Anyone have any luck with ceremony cancellations?

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm

jenglasgow wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:43 pm
Hello. I scheduled my citizenship ceremony today and got the earliest available date, 19 November. Private ceremonies arent available until that date too so no way to pay for an earlier date. I am travelling on 21 December so it is going to be a bit tight to get my passport but was not expecting a 5 week wait for a ceremony. Has anyone had any luck calling the council regularly in the Hope's of a cancellation? Thanks in advance.
I know many people who have managed to get earlier appointments by contacting the council again. They got earlier private ceremonies. Sometimes there are cancellations so you can always call and check or might just go in person.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jenglasgow
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Anyone have any luck with ceremony cancellations?

Post by jenglasgow » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Thank you for your response! I'll keep trying as I am open to a group or paying for private.