ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled status or BRC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jama44
Newly Registered
South Africa

Pre-settled status or BRC

Post by jama44 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi Guys,

We are currently in the UK. My wife is Italian, I am non-eu here on my family permit.

I have been getting some confusing information as to what we need to do next.

First thing we need to do is apply for pre-settled status for my wife but we do not have an android phone. How else could we do this ?

Then for me. Do I need to apply for a BRC/BRP before applying for pre-settled status ?

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Pre-settled status or BRC

Post by BellaKris » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:40 pm

jama44 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Hi Guys,

We are currently in the UK. My wife is Italian, I am non-eu here on my family permit.

I have been getting some confusing information as to what we need to do next.

First thing we need to do is apply for pre-settled status for my wife but we do not have an android phone. How else could we do this ?

Then for me. Do I need to apply for a BRC/BRP before applying for pre-settled status ?
Hi,

Yes, she should apply first. If you do not have an android phone, you can make use of that of friends or visit a designated spot (i.e. these are free areas available for EU members and family members), please google for them. After your wife has done her application then you have to insert her application number in yours and that will help your application get faster decision and less complicated turn-out.

You do not need RC to apply, but you sure do need your current nationality passport with which you will use to apply. All you select online is the option to have your passport posted to the HO, I advice you post with a recorded delivery plus return paid stamp, so they can have it sent back on time.

Your status will depend on how many years of marriage and your wife's status will be based on her residence in the UK and if she can prove it (usually NINO works best to help, she just needs to use this, if she has been working for long).

I hope this helps. Goodluck.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:28 am

Because you are non-EU, you must call the home office for a paper application. They ask you a few questions and send you an application with sections relevent to you. That’s your next step.

MM24
United Kingdom

Post by MM24 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:04 pm

You can apply online without a brc you will just need to go and do biometrics at a listed location. They will scan your passport and take photos and fingerprints