ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

why Tier 1 General is so expensive ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mehpk

why Tier 1 General is so expensive ??

Post by mehpk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:42 pm

Dear All

I came to know about Tier 1 General few days back, when I saw the cost of it, it is way expensive, like for family of 3 the cost of application is 1800 pounds, I wanted to ask why is it that much EXPENSIVE??

regards
Mehmood

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 pm

It is because uk government thinks that as you are very highly skilled individual, you will earn too much in uk and hence they want to share a chunk of that..

Just kidding... :wink:

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:09 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:It is because uk government thinks that as you are very highly skilled individual, you will earn too much in uk and hence they want to share a chunk of that..

Just kidding... :wink:
ok got it :)

but it is expensive then canda / australia!! isnt it?

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:02 pm

And I believe that HSMP was much cheaper then this new Tier1 General.... So they made it so expensive... even for a small kid, the application fee is 600 pounds, which is too much.....

regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Even if you know the reason for this expensiveness, and even if we all agree with it, it wont help you in any way, would it? :)

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:Even if you know the reason for this expensiveness, and even if we all agree with it, it wont help you in any way, would it? :)
YES it will help, as they review the "immigration process" , may be in future they would feel that it is expensive and putting pressue on the potential immigrants, so they might reduce this fee structure.....

regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:29 pm

In theory, I am on your side, as I agree that GBP 1800 is too much for a family of 3 , but if you want to see the rationale behind the fees, you can read through the following link:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ingregime/

In plain words, uk govt.'s logic is this: extract maximum money from people who would benefit the most from uk. Hence the high fees.

And I don't think uk govt will ever feel that "highly skilled immigrants are in pressure due to high fees"!

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm

CoolestGuyC wrote:In theory, I am on your side, as I agree that GBP 1800 is too much for a family of 3 , but if you want to see the rationale behind the fees, you can read through the following link:

In plain words, uk govt.'s logic is this: extract maximum money from people who would benefit the most from uk. Hence the high fees.

And I don't think uk govt will ever feel that "highly skilled immigrants are in pressure due to high fees"!
Well "highly skilled" professionals are earning differently in different countries, like IT professional in US or UK are earning much higher as compare to salaris in pakistan, india, sri lanka etc. So to put high cost of application fee for every "highly skilled" immigrant doesnt seems fit. Also 600 pounds for a dependant spouse and for a small kid less then 2 years of age seems "high"

regards

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:05 pm

mehpk wrote:
CoolestGuyC wrote:In theory, I am on your side, as I agree that GBP 1800 is too much for a family of 3 , but if you want to see the rationale behind the fees, you can read through the following link:

Well "highly skilled" professionals are earning differently in different countries, like IT professional in US or UK are earning much higher as compare to salaris in pakistan, india, sri lanka etc. So to put high cost of application fee for every "highly skilled" immigrant doesnt seems fit. Also 600 pounds for a dependant spouse and for a small kid less then 2 years of age seems "high"

regards
I completely agree :D

bbkaran

Re: why Tier 1 General is so expensive ??

Post by bbkaran » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Atleast you know the application cost before applying.
Now it is up to you wheather to apply or not. No point
in complaining about it.

bbkaran
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:28 pm

The very high fees of Tier One (HSMP) is a method deployed by HO or UK to make money.

They can certainly keep the fees high but the services (attention) they provide should be matching. They can not rejected applications for silly reasons, they can not over look anything, they should ask for additional document in case of doubt. THEY SHOULD NOT REJECT WITHOUT HAVING ONE COMMUNICATION WITH THE APPLICANTS. Dependets' application fees should be as low as possbile.
Last edited by rajesh9pl on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Deleted!