ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Self Assessment Returns

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Naturalisation and Self Assessment Returns

Post by mshakeel2002 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am

Hello:
Just a month ago when i started filling out the application form online at the end along with other documents it asked for "Latest Self Assessment Tax Returns and HMRC Statement" in that checklist.....

I have now obtained both documents.

But now when i logged back in they have updated the application submission system and the checklist does not say anywhere that i need to submit my Self Assessment Tax return or HMRC Statement.

While uploading documents to their system it gives option to upload "other" Documents (Optional)....

What should i do, should i upload my Tax returns as well or should i just stick to the check list which literally ask for... Passport + BRP + Degree + 2 Referee....and nothing else.

Please help.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation and Self Assessment Returns

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:38 pm

mshakeel2002 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am
Hello:
Just a month ago when i started filling out the application form online at the end along with other documents it asked for "Latest Self Assessment Tax Returns and HMRC Statement" in that checklist.....

I have now obtained both documents.

But now when i logged back in they have updated the application submission system and the checklist does not say anywhere that i need to submit my Self Assessment Tax return or HMRC Statement.

While uploading documents to their system it gives option to upload "other" Documents (Optional)....

What should i do, should i upload my Tax returns as well or should i just stick to the check list which literally ask for... Passport + BRP + Degree + 2 Referee....and nothing else.

Please help.
Thanks
Are you self employed? or employed? Are your taxes paid by PAYE?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mshakeel2002
United States of America

Post by mshakeel2002 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi:
I am company Director... I get paid by company and yes my company is PAYE registared... but since my salary is very low i paid only £1.60 tax in my Tax returns.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:29 pm

mshakeel2002 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 pm
Hi:
I am company Director... I get paid by company and yes my company is PAYE registared... but since my salary is very low i paid only £1.60 tax in my Tax returns.
You are on your company’s payroll and paid by your company and your taxes are paid via PAYE. You do not need the self assessment in this case.
You are only required to state the PAYE ref in the online form employment section.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.