ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of an A2 national married to a settled A2 national

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

residents
Newly Registered

Spouse of an A2 national married to a settled A2 national

Post by residents » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 pm

I am seeking help as I feel I am entering a legislative hell.
I am an A2 national with settlement - ILR
I am getting married to an A2 national.
NOrmally she would have unrestricted access to the labor market in the UK without having to do anything (visas, etc).
However, I feel that because I have ILR under UK immigration Rules, it doesn't really matter if we are EU at all and we will have to go through all the aggravation with visas and so on. Can anyone advise me about this?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:13 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

residents
Newly Registered

Post by residents » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks very much! I will have a look. I didnt realise that she actually can apply as an a2 national. Take care.