ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple of questions regarding visa type and the process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fuzion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Couple of questions regarding visa type and the process

Post by Fuzion » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:26 am

Hi all,

I am very confuse about the process and have got couple of questions. I thought I’d ask here all in one topic.

1 Which visa?
I need to sponsor my wife to the UK for permanent settlement. Which, visa do I need to apply for? Spouse Visa, Settlement Visa or Family Visa? When I do spouse visa I get to choose ’Appendix FM Partner’. Could you please suggest the best route.

2 Appendix 2 form:
I read on here that some have not filled the Appendix 2 form because they used the accessUK website. But some said that its required. Do I need to fill in this form if I use the accessUK website?

3 Self upload documents:
On the accessuk website, do I need to upload my whole supporting documents file or just a few originals that they ask me to upload? Once scanned they will have barcode on them?

4 When submitting the file:
Do I need to submit the file to Sheffield with my wife’s supporting documents or do I have to send my supporting documents to my wife where she will have to submit with the biometrics appointment?

5 English test:
Which English test would my wife needs to take? IELTS A1 or CEFP A1? Or are they both same? On the .gov website for one the visa’s it mentioned CEFP but mostly everyone I know have done IELTS A1. I don’t know if CEFP is new or replacing IELTS. My wife has done Masters degree in English language.

6 Biometrics appointment:
At the biometrics appointment do they ask you to provide all the original documents from the supporting documents and they scan it and give back to you right? Or if you have self uploaded all the originals and have got barcodes? Can I print them and put them in the supporting documents file instead and remove the originals?

7 Which would the best to appoint a solicitor or to everything myself?

Thank you soo much for your help in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Couple of questions regarding visa type and the process

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:28 am

1&2&3&4&5&6) https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments

7) Usually a reasonably sound mind person with average level of English & computer literacy doesn't need any solicitor with the help of forum & official guidances.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Couple of questions regarding visa type and the process

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am

1. Appendix FM partner
2. Yes it is still required as in some cases ECO has requested for it.
3. Yes you can self upload on the ACCESS website and you documents has to be in PDF format and should not be more than 10mb although you can reduced the size by finding some app which can help you Ilovepdf
4. As of 31st of July, Sheffield no long accept supporting documents so you have to self upload it or scan at the VAC or opt for scanning at one of the UK centre which cost £75 for VFS and TLS offers scanning hub where you will need to book an appointment or send it by post.
5. Entry clearace stage requires A1 but you can do B1 which can be used towards next stage till ILR
6. again it depends on the option you have chosen either self uploading or document assisted services at the VAC.
7. So much information in the forum, you need to search through and everything will be there. employing a solicitor will make you poorer so save your money and invest sometime in researching.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.