ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension and driving in accordance to Lic

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP9999

HSMP Extension and driving in accordance to Lic

Post by HSMP9999 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi All,

I have question regarding extension.

I came to UK April 2005 ( 1year HSMP), FLR Extension (3 Year) end at April 2009.

I am on permanent job and so as my wife, I also own property in UK.
I missundestrood the law of driving under Foreign licence, police charged me with traffic offence of Driving in-accordance to Lic becasue I had my Provisional Lic and Foriegn Lic(which Police said is not valid) and I didn't had L- Plates ON, Luckily my insurance company covered me in that pirticular case so I was saved from driving car with out insurance.

My FLR expiring on 2009 April, I know I am bit early but the I want to be prep if this offence can cause rejection of FLR extension application.

Any thoughts will be great.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 am

No, it won't.

But make sure you declare this fact in the application form in the appropriate section. If you hide it and HO finds out, then you might be in serious trouble.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:37 am

Did you go to court ? If yes, then you must declare it on the form. See the good character definition here ? and it must be spent depending on the nature of offence.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... character/

Why did police stop you in the first place ?

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:43 am

FAQ Entry
Question: I have a recent conviction for a minor offence. Should I still wait until the conviction has become spent before I apply for citizenship?

We will normally disregard a single conviction for a minor offence resulting in a bind over, conditional discharge or relatively small fine or compensation order, if a person is suitable for citizenship in all other respects. By 'minor offences' we mean speeding or other 'regulatory' offences.

Offences involving dishonesty (for example theft), violence or sexual offences are not classed as minor offences. Drink-driving offences, driving while uninsured or disqualified are also not minor offences.

HSMP9999

I will declare it but the offence will not be spent

Post by HSMP9999 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 am

Hi ALL,

Thanks for quick replies, I will declare in the history section, the offence will not be spent at the time of my FLR extension application will that stop the extension or the spent condition is for British Citizenship or it is of ILR.

Police stopped me becasue I had my handheld in my hand that was navigation system they thought I was talking on mobile phone but actually I was try to get alternative route becasue the traffic was jam on highway.

Regards

member999
Newly Registered

Post by member999 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 pm

I have a similar problem. Could please someone throw light

I need to extend my HSMP from October 08.

I was convicted by the court for Driving inaccordance to licence and driving without insurance in March 06.

I misunderstood the application for at that time and did not declare my convictionswhen I applied for the first time in Oct 2006. I felt lucky at that time that I got HSMP for 2 years. My CRB is clear and has no mention of my convictions.

Now that I need to renew my visa, I am not sure what I should do?

I have declared my convictions to all my employers till date.

And also above guidance relate to British Citizenship, will it also apply for Extension under Tier 1?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Reading this might be useful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HSMP9999

Post by HSMP9999 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Thanks for link I have gone through it quickly, this link points out if I donot disclose the offences in the form. What will happen if I do disclose the offences will reject me on the basis of my Ofences.

Thanks

Regards,

HSMP9999

more information

Post by HSMP9999 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

Hi ALL,

I did have verbal chat with One immigration lawyer, according to him, my offences should not be issue in Extension and ILR as well. He was not sure about BC.

Can any one would like to add to this topic.

Thanks

srinivasgunda
Newly Registered

What happened to your case

Post by srinivasgunda » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi HSMP9999
Any progress on your case?Did you get your visa extenede?
Pl let me know..one of my friend is in same situation..

Thanks
Srinivas

HSMP9999

NotYet

Post by HSMP9999 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 am

Hi All,

My case is not solved, I will apply for extension only in the start of next year, I am just preparing my self.

I will appreciate if any one else has gone through the same situation and had any problem in extending visa.

thanks,

regards,