ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transit through Belfast destination Republic of Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brwh1
Newly Registered

Transit through Belfast destination Republic of Ireland

Post by brwh1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:49 pm

Hi

My Turkish wife who is a resident of the Republic of ireland with multiple D visa etc, may have to travel alone from Turkey to Ireland by flying to Belfast.
She will fly direct Dublin to Turkey on the outbound journey.

Under the UK transit rules there seems to be some form of wiaver situation whereby an EU spouse residence permit holder may pass through UK within 24 hours without a transit visa. however i can not make this clear as it seems a little ambiguous.

Does anyone have any direct experience or clear take on this type of situation?

thanks
BB

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:51 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvis ... vnationals
Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV) nationals:Turkey

Passengers exempt from the DATV requirement

Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK.

A transit passenger is not required to hold a transit visa if he holds or a person with whom he arrives in the United Kingdom holds on his behalf:

# A valid common format Category D visa for entry to an EEA State;
# A valid common format residence permit issued by an EEA State pursuant to Council Regulation (EC) No. 1030/2002;
I was able to transit through London when I flew from Dublin to Asia.
There was no passport control at Heathrow, though it would make sense to hold on to the boarding card of your flight as proof that you have been in the U.K for less than 24hours.

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:51 pm

hi, there
if she has d type sticker on her passport means d type visa of ireland , then she does not need any transit visa for britain .
regards
write me for any further querries.
jahan