ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job opportunities with 7 years of US exp and US education

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bharath
Newly Registered

job opportunities with 7 years of US exp and US education

Post by Bharath » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi All :
I am trying to get an idea about how potential job seekers get treated based on their experience and educational background as i know atleast in US there is some difference.

I have 7 years of tech experience in USA working for different companies and couple of them are fortune 500 companies.

I also have a Master's degree in US.

So how are the job opportunities in Java and how do employers treat you especially when applying for jobs ?. Does my resume get pushed up or easily filtered ? or it does not matter unless you have UK experience ?

Will i have to keep racing with people who put up resumes ?

Thanks
-Bharath

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 pm

UK economy is 18 months behind the US; there are it jobs, they don't specifically need uk experience for many coding roles.... locals would have an advantage anyway.
Do you need a visa? that would be another issue for you.....

go to google and look for roles....
A few months ago I posted a description of costs for living in the UK, that may he useful....in any case you will be on the crest of the wave, next 24-48 months would be rocky...
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am

Duplicate post. Already posted here,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=28981