ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, long residence.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vitalik
Newly Registered

ILR, long residence.

Post by vitalik » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:48 pm

i was working more then the allowed 20 hrs for a couple of years
but then 1.5 years ago i stopped and since then was only working part-time as per the rules.

during my ILR application, if the HO finds out that i was working full-time for a certain period how would that influence my application? i heard they can easily find this through tax office.

also mailed one of my previous visa applic on 28 Feb, visa exp was 28 Feb, they received it 29 Feb, HO pc records show as valid (per SAB), i have receipts and compassionate circumstances = college was in financial difficulities and they were taken off the DFES register so i had to change it suddenly and unexpectedly.

also phoned them , i know call center has muppets but nevertheless, they said the date of postage that matters !!! ??

but i heard on this forum that someone had it refused based on that reason. so is it the date of postage or not ?

vinny

Re: ILR, long residence.

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:48 am

vitalik wrote:also phoned them , i know call center has muppets but nevertheless, they said the date of postage that matters !!! ??
Part 1 - General provisions regarding leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom wrote:34G.For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application or claim (or a variation in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is as follows:

(i) where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vitalik
Newly Registered

?

Post by vitalik » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:43 pm

hey people , any idea about those hours, if i worked more, is it too bad ???