ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry from Ireland to UK- Reporting Entrance? (Surinder Singh)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sugarheart
Newly Registered

Entry from Ireland to UK- Reporting Entrance? (Surinder Singh)

Post by Sugarheart » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi everyone!

My family are planning to move to the UK, which is where my husband is originally from, through the Surinder Singh route as I'm Canadian, but we've been living in Ireland for the past 3 years.
I was told that I could apply for a Residence Card from within the UK and since I'm Canadian and part of the commonwealth, I have the right to visit the UK without a visa.
My question is, since there's no hard border between Ireland and the UK, do I need to report my entrance somewhere when I enter the UK?

iwolga
United Kingdom

Re: Entry from Ireland to UK- Reporting Entrance? (Surinder Singh)

Post by iwolga » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 pm

I was wondering the same when I was traveling on tourist visa from IE to UK (I need visa for both). The answer was No, as long as I have a valid UK visa. In your case, your passport should be enough.

I would try to apply for the residency card ASAP - the application itself shall be a good proof of notification (if someone will ever ask for one).

Sugarheart
Newly Registered

Re: Entry from Ireland to UK- Reporting Entrance? (Surinder Singh)

Post by Sugarheart » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:37 pm

Okay that's great to know. Thanks for your help!