ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of funds evidence from 2 or 3 banks???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yinski
Newly Registered

Maintenance of funds evidence from 2 or 3 banks???

Post by yinski » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 am

Hello,
I'm going to be applying for the Tier 1 visa at the end of September/start of October and i must do it by then because i will be travelling to the States in December. I just want to give them sufficient time to come to a decision about my application.

Anyways, my query is that i've recently moved my money from an ING (online account) to my usual bank account THEN to another online account that is paying me higher interest, can i show all 3 bank account statements to show that i have sufficient funds over the 3 months or does it have to be from one account?? i have more than enough in my bank account to support myself, but my 2nd online account will only show that i have held the money for 2.5 months by the time i apply for the visa. I'm stressing here and will confirm with the british consulate before applying, but thought someone here could help. Anyone??

Thank you. :)

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:21 am

I want to ask why do you have doubt?

As perUKBA on Maintenance (Funds)

Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements sent.

We will not accept statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period required.

Just help me to understand where does above content say you need to have Bank statements from only one bank? Tier One is meant for Highly Skilled candidates, can you apply your high skill to sort out this issue yourself.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:27 pm

The number of banks accounts is immaterial and have no bearing on the success / failure of an application. What is required is that the maintenance funds must have been held for 3 months preceding your application.

It is also important to understand that you cannot show that you have held the amount in account A for 2 months and account B for 1 month, thereby meeting the 3 months condition. Whatever account(s) you use, you have to show that you have maintained the funds for 3 months in *that* account(s)!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

yinski
Newly Registered

Post by yinski » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 am

Thank you for the replies and I sincerely appreciate the feedback and clarification. But surely there is no need to reply in a condescending manner, now is there, rajesh9pl? I assume that you’ve also come across a time where you have been confused and asked questions for clarification. Given that you have such good knowledge in this area you should have been through the visa application before and probably found it a bit daunting too, so I would appreciate you giving some compassion and not treating me or anyone anything less than I or they deserve.
“Tier One is meant for Highly Skilled candidates, can you apply your high skill to sort out this issue yourself.â€