ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Java job prospects in UK with 7 yrs exp and Masters in US

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bharath
Newly Registered

Java job prospects in UK with 7 yrs exp and Masters in US

Post by Bharath » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:40 pm

I thought i would post this in the right section of these forums.

Hi All :
I am trying to get an idea about how potential job seekers get treated based on their experience and educational background as i know atleast in US there is some difference.

I have 7 years of tech experience in USA working for different companies and couple of them are fortune 500 companies.

I also have a Master's degree in US.

So how are the job opportunities in Java and how do employers treat you especially when applying for jobs ?. Does my resume get pushed up or easily filtered ? or it does not matter unless you have UK experience ?

Will i have to keep racing with people who put up fake resumes ?

Please assume that the candidate has general tier1 visa which replaced HSMP.

Thanks
-Bharath

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:30 am

To get a job in UK, UK experience definitely matters a lot. As it is UK market now a days is a bit on the low.
What is your area of expertise? Stating 7 years experience in JAVA does not give much information. You will need to provide information such as your experience is in the capacity of a programmer, designer, architect etc. to get some valuable feedback.

Bharath
Newly Registered

Post by Bharath » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm

thanks for the reply and i have worked on various server side technologies in Java like EJB, hibernate, spring etc and also have been doing lot of design work along with analysis and implementation. Currently i have been doing systems engineering providing platform and infrastructure for the application developers who develop huge scale website.

Hope this helps.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks for the details. I myself am not a JAVE guy, but I'm sure other knowledgable co-members shall surely come along and provide helpful feedback.