ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 year physical presence requirement not met

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Can someone please confirm which date is used to check if you were in the country exactly 3 years before?

Is it the date the online application was submitted or is it the date you have the appointment at UKVCAS to submit biometrics and documents.

I always thought its the latter and have submitted the application online with that assumption. If its the date of submission of online application then I have an issue as well as I wasn't in the country 3 years before the date of submission of the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:13 pm

chiku1980 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:11 pm
Can someone please confirm which date is used to check if you were in the country exactly 3 years before?

Is it the date the online application was submitted or is it the date you have the appointment at UKVCAS to submit biometrics and documents.

I always thought its the latter and have submitted the application online with that assumption. If its the date of submission of online application then I have an issue as well as I wasn't in the country 3 years before the date of submission of the application.
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online and is the relevant and key date. The date of your ukcvas biometric appointment is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 pm

I would suggest that you read the guidance as well.

chiku1980

Post by chiku1980 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Thanks CR001.

Looks like I will need to submit a new application.
As I have plans to travel again in December I don t think I will be here when home office send me the Docgen 4746 letter to redate the application.

If I don't go for the biometric appointment at all will it void my current application and I will be refunded the money. I can then submit another application?