ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in Uk

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZHA1162
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Child Born in Uk

Post by ZHA1162 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Hi
I have strange situation with my daughter application. The facts are as under;

1. My daughter was born in Sept. 2014 in UK during the period of our initial grant.

2. She applied extension as my dependent which is granted until Sep. 2017 along with other dependents;

3. Our ILR is due in May 2019 and I applied ILR with other dependents except her as she is not 5 years old

4. Before expiry of her leave in Sept. 2019 and during tendency of rest of family ILR application i applied her ILR application as well as she is 5 now and I do not want her to be treated as overstayed

5. Now we got ( rest of the family) our ILR with the grace of Almighty Allah except her as she applied in Sept. 19 only

6. Now as per rules she is eligible to Register as British Child and I can apply for British Passport but my question is

A. How can I register her S her ILR application is still pending with homeoffice? Can someone guide me pls

B. Secondly what is the next step for my other kids who are under 11 and born outside UK but now both Parents got ILR. plz guide

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Child Born in Uk

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:24 pm

ZHA1162 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:04 pm
Hi
I have strange situation with my daughter application. The facts are as under;

1. My daughter was born in Sept. 2014 in UK during the period of our initial grant.

2. She applied extension as my dependent which is granted until Sep. 2017 along with other dependents;

3. Our ILR is due in May 2019 and I applied ILR with other dependents except her as she is not 5 years old

4. Before expiry of her leave in Sept. 2019 and during tendency of rest of family ILR application i applied her ILR application as well as she is 5 now and I do not want her to be treated as overstayed

5. Now we got ( rest of the family) our ILR with the grace of Almighty Allah except her as she applied in Sept. 19 only

6. Now as per rules she is eligible to Register as British Child and I can apply for British Passport but my question is

A. How can I register her S her ILR application is still pending with homeoffice? Can someone guide me pls

B. Secondly what is the next step for my other kids who are under 11 and born outside UK but now both Parents got ILR. plz guide

Thanks
You did not have to apply for ILR for your UK born child. Her visa expiry had no impact on her eligibility to register as a BC after your ILR.
You will have to register her as BC via MN1. Once thats approved, she will be able to apply for a British Passport.

Rest of your kids do not qualify for BC. They will qualify when both parents qualify.

You can just write to HO and withdraw her application and request for a refund. Explain that you have to register her as ILR. Hopefully they will acknowledge and refund you the money.

Wait for someone else to confirm the last refund bit I mentioned.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:29 am

Your UK born child can become British now and she does NOT need ILR. Register her under MN1. You will NOT get a refund if you withdraw ILR
Your other kids can apply for citizenship with you and your spouse next year.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ZHA1162
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ZHA1162 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks for your Reply. Zimba, as you mentioned that i cannot get the refund of her ILR Application so what should i do first

1. Should i apply her registration via MN1 and put a cover letter explaining that her ILR application is also pending.

2. or, Should i write home office first explaining the situation and thereafter apply MN1

The reason i am asking i know ILR and Registration are 2 different Departments but i do not want confuse home office with 2 applications.

Please guide

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm

MN1 is NOT an immigration application, it is a nationality application. Go ahead and apply under MN1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice