ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consideration for AN application under discretion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Consideration for AN application under discretion

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi, not sure if anyone had such experience. I applied for citizenship on the 2nd Sep, but I have overlooked the residential requirement, I was not physically in the UK 3 years ago from my application date because I was on holiday. I have received an email from HO on the 2nd of Oct stating this matter and asked me if I would want to re-declare my application otherwise my application will be refused, so of course I replied and re-declared my application date was 4th Oct, then HO replied and acknowledged my re-declaration and said they will start a re-declaration process.

I understand HO is considering my application under discretion. I wonder if this situation still gives me British citizen same as applying without issues or discretion? Will this massively prolong my application process? and what exactly is the "re-declaration process"?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Consideration for AN application under discretion

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:42 pm

guoxiaoran wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 pm
Hi, not sure if anyone had such experience. I applied for citizenship on the 2nd Sep, but I have overlooked the residential requirement, I was not physically in the UK 3 years ago from my application date because I was on holiday. I have received an email from HO on the 2nd of Oct stating this matter and asked me if I would want to re-declare my application otherwise my application will be refused, so of course I replied and re-declared my application date was 4th Oct, then HO replied and acknowledged my re-declaration and said they will start a re-declaration process.

I understand HO is considering my application under discretion. I wonder if this situation still gives me British citizen same as applying without issues or discretion? Will this massively prolong my application process? and what exactly is the "re-declaration process"?

Thanks.
You will be fine as you qualify on the date of decision anyways. The CW was kind enough to consider the later date and probably hold the application till then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.