ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR-M

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi

I am about to apply for my wifes Flr and have a question about the financial requirement. How do I work out my salary... I have worked for my employer for nearly 3 years, my contracted hours are 37.5 per week and I earn 23,400 pa. however, my monthly salary is different due to overtime and staff orders which are deducted from my salary. My pay slips do show the contracted hours and i am never under paid or have done less than the contract.

Am i to apply salaried or non-salaried and how do I calculate the salary from the last 6 months earnings?

Thank you in advance.

geoeng
Canada

Re: FLR-M

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 pm

adilh329 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:31 pm
Am i to apply salaried or non-salaried and how do I calculate the salary from the last 6 months earnings?

Thank you in advance.
Salaried. Your employment contract and letter from your employer should set out your base salary. If this is enough on it's own to meet the financial requirement, I would leave out the overtime completely and just rely on your salary alone especially since your pay slips indicate the contracted hours.

If you need the overtime amount to meet the financial requirement, it can be calculated and added to you base salary as follows: "All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the
approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month
average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary."
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:46 pm

To add to my other reply. the deductions won't matter as the financial requirement is based on gross salary, which should be shown on your pay slip.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:49 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:39 pm
I would leave out the overtime completely and just rely on your salary alone especially since your pay slips indicate the contracted hours
Overtime cannot be ignored because even it doesn't be pacifically displayed on payslip but it will definitely be included inside the base salary making the total gross income be variable almost each month. It still need to be segregated and calculated along with base wages.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm

How do I calculate it?

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:39 pm

Overtime is shown on my payslip

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:09 pm

adilh329 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm
How do I calculate it?
Add up all the overtime income from the 6 months prior to the date of application and double it. Then add that number to your base annual salary to get the total income you can use for the application.

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Thank you 👍🏻

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:09 pm
adilh329 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm
How do I calculate it?
Add up all the overtime income from the 6 months prior to the date of application and double it. Then add that number to your base annual salary to get the total income you can use for the application.

Overtime income will be calculated by none-salaried person approach.

Total Overtime income from the last 6 months/6×12= ?

That figure will be added up with base salary.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 pm

My income is salaried hence why i asked do i need to include it or not? Im earning well above without the overtime anyway

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:50 pm

adilh329 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:38 pm
My income is salaried hence why i asked do i need to include it or not? Im earning well above without the overtime anyway
You have to calculate your overtime because it is the part of your payslip which also gets credited into your account along with base salary. If you had no base salary then you can use none-salaried method over your whole gross income without even separating the overtime.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Dividing by 6 and then multiplying by 12 is the same as doubling. I find it easier just to double it, fewer chances to make a mistake doing the math.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:44 pm

geoeng wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:29 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Dividing by 6 and then multiplying by 12 is the same as doubling. I find it easier just to double it, fewer chances to make a mistake doing the math.
A lot of times through covering letter you have to show your income calculations especially on those occasions (like in op's case) where both salaried & none-salaried methods are simultaneously used to avoid any caseworker's mistake then you have to quote the official formula.

adilh329
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adilh329 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 pm

I’m confused. Surely i am on salaried as i have contracted hours. I’ll explain in my cover letter about overtime as i only receive it for 3 months out of the 12 because of peak period. Would that be ok

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:39 pm

adilh329 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:07 pm
I’m confused. Surely i am on salaried as i have contracted hours. I’ll explain in my cover letter about overtime as i only receive it for 3 months out of the 12 because of peak period. Would that be ok
Yes. Simply add the total of 3 months of overtime then use the same formula & approach advised previously.