ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filing Canada initial app, just need quick verification

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farazfastian

Filing Canada initial app, just need quick verification

Post by farazfastian » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on Canada forum, though I’ve been quite active on UK forum. I'm in UK from past two years, just got my extension for the next 3 years and after that it would be PR but the way rules are changing in UK you never know whether you'll be able to get PR after 3 years.
Just to have another option I’m thinking to file Canada immigration so at least i jump in the queue and after 3 years I’ll see whether to stay in UK is better or migrate to Canada. The good thing is that currently you don't have to send any documents plus initial fee is not that high either hardly £400 in total I believe.

I haven't done much study on that as I’m already exhausted with my HSMP extension it has really given me hard time. Just done my points calculation as below

1 Education 25 22 (I've got 4 years BS degree from Pakistan)
2 Language Ability 24 16 (I've got Ielts General with at least 7 in each category)
3 Work Experience 21 21 (6 years)
4 Age 10 10 (27)
5 Arranged Employment 10 0
6 Adaptability 10 0
Total Score 100 69

Could you just validate if above calculation is fine so that i can file my case?

Many Thanks
Faraz

surmui

Post by surmui » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi,
I do need to file the same and in the same situation as you.got my tier 1 visa for extension on HSMP(1+3).
I have one query about eng language competency points.How would you decide your proficiency in eng if u have not given any particular exam like IELTS or TOEFL? does my judgement count?

I have not done any such exam but is it necessary as past of this application criteria?

could u / anyone else please clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

disdil4u

Re: Filing Canada initial app, just need quick verification

Post by disdil4u » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Hello Faraz

I think you will 100% eligible for Cananda Immigration.

Hello surmui

English Exam are not compulsory but it will benefit if you have exam score.

Guys

I am also thinking to apply for Canadian Immigration under point based system but due to recent changes i am not sure this is good time to apply or not.

I am on my first stage of HSMP visa ( just finished a 1 year on my HSMP)
I have completed my master's from UK and my wife also has master's from india. I am working as a Design Engineer and my wife working as a Administrator. I manage to get 67 point which required for Canada Immigration.

I have not done any IELTS or TOFEL as present but I was rejected for Student Visa from india in past for Canada and also we were recently rejected twice for visitor visa for canada from london office. so i am not sure whether this affect to point based immigration or not?

Your advice and help needed for this. Also intrested to know if any of you aware about recent changes for Canada Immigration and would like to know any other good forums for canada immigration.

Thank you

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Thanks for the replies, but still i need to validate with soemone who has recently applied for canada.
How did you say that i'm 100% eligible for canada? do you really know the point details? no offence just confirming.

Your case looks complicated but logically i don't think it should affect your immigration application.

I did read something about new changes but i think they're applicable later this year. Please correct if i'm wrong.

Regards
Faraz