ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Longterm residency approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Giri

Longterm residency approval

Post by Giri » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:25 am

Hello,

I have applied long term residency. What type of format will I receive? Do I have to send my passport for final stamping? or will I receive letter from the ministry?

Anyone who had got previously advise me?

GIRI

marialear

Post by marialear » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi Giri,

When your LTR is approved, you will receive a letter from INIS, Dept of Justice stating so. It's looks like any normal letter from a government dept and will probably be sent to you via registered post.

You take that original letter and go to your nearest Garda Immigration office to get your passport stamped for the 5 years and get a new GNIB card with a Stamp 4 on it. You keep the letter, file it away in a safe place!!

Regards,
maria

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:28 am

marialear wrote:Hi Giri,

When your LTR is approved, you will receive a letter from INIS, Dept of Justice stating so. It's looks like any normal letter from a government dept and will probably be sent to you via registered post.

You take that original letter and go to your nearest Garda Immigration office to get your passport stamped for the 5 years and get a new GNIB card with a Stamp 4 on it. You keep the letter, file it away in a safe place!!

Regards,
maria
When you get your GNIB card after LTR approval do you have to go to the GNIB every year after and pay €100 for the priviledge?

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 am

no, the one stamp will be given to cover the 5 year limit.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 am

marialear wrote:no, the one stamp will be given to cover the 5 year limit.
That's some good news. Did you have to submit police certs and if so how long before the approval did they request them?

marialear

Post by marialear » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 am

Oh yeah, had to do all the requirements.
I was asked for the police cert in March/08, got it from RCMP and sent it to INIS mid-May/08 and got LTR end of May 2008.