ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notify old employer of name and address of new employer?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

showryder
Newly Registered
United States of America

Notify old employer of name and address of new employer?

Post by showryder » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:48 pm

So I have just switched employers from one tier 2 visa to another. My previous employer was horrible and made threats to tell my new employer about a chronic health problem I have that does not effect my working. I have refused to disclose to them the name of my new employer. They have now sent me a email saying that they need to give my new employers name and address to the home office when they cancel my visa. Is this true? I already have a new Visa and will start with my new employer next week.

pr1
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Notify old employer of name and address of new employer?

Post by pr1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Never heard of this. If you already have a new Visa, HO will already have the details of your new employer from your CoS, so not sure why they would require previous employer to provide them the details.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Notify old employer of name and address of new employer?

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:18 am

Not true, they have no reason to have your new employer details. All they have to do is inform ho they are no longer your sponsors on the SMS.

Obviously ho know already who your new sponsor is as they granted you a visa.

You might also want to advise them of the GDPR laws and that they are prohibited from sharing any information about you without your explicit consent.

You might also want to advise them that harassment is a criminal offence in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.