ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long is the wait for the Super priority refund

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

How long is the wait for the Super priority refund

Post by farogty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks everyone for the help and guidance through my ILR process, below is my time line:

ILR through Tier 2- 5 years for me and my wife as a dependant
Appointment: Super priority in Manchester on Sunday 13th October at 12:30 pm
Grant email received on Tuesday 15th October at 8:45am.
Additional information in the email sent to me:

"Your application was decided on 15th October 2019 but unfortunately this was not within the 1 working day service standard for super priority applications. I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We will refund the super priority element of the fee you paid (the difference between the cost of making a standard application and a super priority application). We will refund the amount of £1600 to your credit or debit card in due course."

I have received my ILR card on Friday 18th, however my wife's ILR was rearranged by calling DX to tomorrow 26th October.

I have paid using American Express and the statement is due now, however I haven't received the refund yet.
My Questions are:
1- How long does it usually take for the refund?
2- Is it linked to receiving the BRP? I.e will it be processed after my wife receive hers tomorrow?
3- Who to contact to enquire or to process the refund?

Thanks again everyone for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long is the wait for the Super priority refund

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:07 pm

1. It can take a couple/few weeks.

2. No.

3. It is automatic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by farogty » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:07 pm
1. It can take a couple/few weeks.

2. No.

3. It is automatic!!
Thanks, Its been 6 weeks now and no refund. There are no contact details in the email or the BRP letter. Shall I still wait or is there any way to enquire about this?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:34 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice