ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by sam86ds » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi all,

Would you think is a good idea to ask my local MP to request an update on my application?
has anyone got any experience?

Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated

amelie12
United Kingdom

Post by amelie12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello everyone,

After a regular request for an update at Home Office support team I received the following e-mail:

“...
Thank you for your email.

Your invitation letters will be despatched to your home address today.

Please allow 10 working days for the letters to arrive.

Kind regards

AO/CCST Nationality Group

What does “invitation letter” mean? Does it mean that my application has been decided positively?

Many thanks for your help!

amelie12

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm

amelie12 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:56 pm
Hello everyone,

After a regular request for an update at Home Office support team I received the following e-mail:

“...
Thank you for your email.

Your invitation letters will be despatched to your home address today.

Please allow 10 working days for the letters to arrive.

Kind regards

AO/CCST Nationality Group

What does “invitation letter” mean? Does it mean that my application has been decided positively?

Many thanks for your help!

amelie12
hopefully its positive response its approval.many congrats can you share when you applied and which route?

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi, does anyone have any ideas about considering application under discretion?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 pm

guoxiaoran wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 pm
The majority of form AN applications are under discretion. Nothing special or different about your application
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:04 pm
guoxiaoran wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:58 pm
The majority of form AN applications are under discretion. Nothing special or different about your application
Thank you for your reply, I have submitted a separate post for my case with more details, would you be so kind to take a look at it and advise? Thanks.

chingan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chingan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi guys. Has anyone encountered an email similar to this from FMT:

“Thank you for your email.

It would appear that a decision has now been made on your application, a decision letter has been sent to you on 17th October'19.

Please allow 5 - 7 days to receive this letter.

Kind regards,
xxxxxx”

Thanks in advance!

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Omyousif wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 am
Omyousif wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:34 pm
Hello members yesterday I email today I got reply.im confused this Is reply from team or caseworker??

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the progress of your application for British Citizenship

I am writing to let you know that we are still dealing with your application, I have written you a letter with more information and will send this out to you today.

Kind regards
Xxxx
I received the same email from them yesterday, but I don't know what the information they talk about.
Just wait until the letter arrived.
Note I applied in Jan 2019
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??
Actually I don't think it from caseworker, just stander reply, and yes she is a female.
I received the letter today from them, and as I expected they saying that my application will take more than 6 months and they will try to make decision as soon as possible
That is all no thing to do other than waiting

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:15 pm

clairepf wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:43 am
I applied for mine 18 February and still waiting. Sent them an email to ask where I can send additional information as I’m now also married to a British citizen and got this response

“Thank you for your email but just to let you know your case is still awaiting checks, before it can get allocated to a caseworker, once your case is with a caseworker they will then look into what evidence is required and get in touch with you regarding this.” Waiting game I guess😟

Update....Received an email from my caseworker today asking for proof that I have paid off an old ccj or that I’m on a payment plan. Sent it off.. fingers crossed

Tech12345
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tech12345 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi,

I sent an email to the home office regarding my application, although it is early days, just tired of the wait and below was their response.

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in the application receipt date order. As your application was received on 23 September 2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group
-

Does this mean my application is with casework as no timeline was given?

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi Tech12345, I did the same thing a few days ago and got the same response (my application was submitted end of Aug). From reading other threads, it seems that this is a standard response they send when it has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. I have sent a follow up email asking them to clarify if it has been allocated to a caseworker, awaiting response on that.

MoIQ
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MoIQ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:31 pm

BigMo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi Tech12345, I did the same thing a few days ago and got the same response (my application was submitted end of Aug). From reading other threads, it seems that this is a standard response they send when it has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. I have sent a follow up email asking them to clarify if it has been allocated to a caseworker, awaiting response on that.
I applied on 22nd May 2019. I sent an email and they replied:

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances, this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately, it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as we can, I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience, this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

Does anybody know what exactly is home office saying? I come from the refugee route. Why they would take long for my application?

skazan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skazan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:54 pm

Good afternoon!

I have received the following email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

"Thank you for your e-mail
Your application is now with a caseworker, you will be contacted in due course
Thank you"

Would anyone advise how long it usually takes for the application to be decided once it's with a caseworker? I believe my case should be straightforward. Applied end of August. Thank you!

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:40 pm

skazan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:54 pm
Good afternoon!

I have received the following email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thank you"

Would anyone advise how long it usually takes for the application to be decided once it's with a caseworker? I believe my case should be straightforward. Applied end of August. Thank you!
From reading other posts about this, it seems to me that more straightforward cases take about a week to two weeks or so to conclude (obvs depending on the caseworker's workload), and then it's the '21 working days' from the decision. Think you are getting there!

Can I pls ask, was this the first email you sent to FMT team? Or was this a follow up? I sent a chaser and they did not clarify whether my application has been allocated to a caseworker.

Thanks

Tech12345
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Tech12345 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:41 pm

BigMo wrote:
Hi BigMo, Many thanks for the feedback. Please let us know when you get a response. I am hoping it has been allocated to a caseworker. Thanks

avenger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by avenger » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:09 pm

chingan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:45 pm

It would appear that a decision has now been made on your application, a decision letter has been sent to you on 17th October'19.

Kind regards,
xxxxxx”

Thanks in advance!
I Email to HO on 18 Oct 2019 for an update, got reply on 21 Oct 2019 that “It would appear that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive a decision letter in the next 5-7 days”. Email to Council on 22 Oct 2019 for confirmation of our names on ceremony list, got reply on 25 Oct 2019 that “I have just received (today) your certificates from The Home Office. I can confirm the attendance at the Ceremony on 30 Oct 2019”.

Contact your Council for confirmation of your name on list. Good Luck

skazan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skazan » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:51 pm

BigMo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:40 pm
skazan wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:54 pm
Good afternoon!

Thank you"

From reading other posts about this, it seems to me that more straightforward cases take about a week to two weeks or so to conclude (obvs depending on the caseworker's workload), and then it's the '21 working days' from the decision. Think you are getting there!

Can I pls ask, was this the first email you sent to FMT team? Or was this a follow up? I sent a chaser and they did not clarify whether my application has been allocated to a caseworker.

Thanks
Thanks for the information! Yes, this was the first emailed I sent (2 months after the application) and received this reply. I take it as a good sign that the wait should be over in a months or so (hopefully).

ZKelemen
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZKelemen » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:57 pm

piresm wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:55 pm
ZKelemen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:39 pm
Hi everyone

I sent my application middle of September.. I keep reading the Forum everyday looking for more and more informations to keep myself calm and relaxed to wait my letter.. but. I just realised i made a mistake on my application..

In 'Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad' I answered NO, because I thought is about the naturalisation application, but unfortunately i did apply for permanent residence card before so the answer I believe YES.. what should i do now? Do i have to contact the HO to change this on my application? Where should I contact them?? Is it possible for refusal because of this?? :cry: :cry:
Hi,

I have done the exact same mistake (and another one). I sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk reporting the mistakes - don't forget to add your application number to the email's subject.
In less than 48hours, I have received the following message:
The information provided has been added to your file, if further information is required a caseworker will contact you directly.

I hope that this helps!
I sent the email to them for the email address you told me, but I didn’t get any reply except the automatic reply, saying that may take 20 days for them to answer? I mean like really? Usually i see everybody got quite fast response, there is any reason why I’m not? 🤔🤔🤔 I understand they’re busy, I’m just wondering.. 😅

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:10 am

MoIQ wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:31 pm
BigMo wrote:
I applied on 22nd May 2019. I sent an email and they replied:

"We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances, this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately, it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as we can, I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience, this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible."

Does anybody know what exactly is home office saying? I come from the refugee route. Why they would take long for my application?
I'm refugee too they take more than six months I submit my application in april 8 and still waiting only in refugee route they are taking more than six months

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 am

Omyousif wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm
Omyousif wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 am
Omyousif wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am
I received the same email from them yesterday, but I don't know what the information they talk about.
Just wait until the letter arrived.
Note I applied in Jan 2019
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??
Actually I don't think it from caseworker, just stander reply, and yes she is a female.
I received the letter today from them, and as I expected they saying that my application will take more than 6 months and they will try to make decision as soon as possible
That is all no thing to do other than waiting
Hi bro I received same one really after six months I'm very disappointed I dont know how long they will keep waiting me

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 am

Hi dear. I was overstayer refugee ILR and after 9 month waiting I received an email from case worker that my B1 test expired and she said I need to submit updated B1 test otherwise might be they refused me. I submitted within a week a new B1 passed test by email. Now I’m waiting for last 2 weeks for my decision. It’s just waiting game. Frustrating 😳🙏 :roll:

Partha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Partha » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:00 pm

avenger wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:09 pm
chingan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:45 pm

Kind regards,
xxxxxx”

Thanks in advance!
I Email to HO on 18 Oct 2019 for an update, got reply on 21 Oct 2019 that “It would appear that a decision has now been made on your application, you should receive a decision letter in the next 5-7 days”. Email to Council on 22 Oct 2019 for confirmation of our names on ceremony list, got reply on 25 Oct 2019 that “I have just received (today) your certificates from The Home Office. I can confirm the attendance at the Ceremony on 30 Oct 2019”.

Contact your Council for confirmation of your name on list. Good Luck
Hi Dear,
I received a mail from home office on the 23rd October saying that as a decesion has made on your application, I'm returning your documnets which is my old passport.
The home office asked me to send my old passport because the agency ( Sopra) did not scaned my old passport.
They have not mentioned how many working days to wait.
Wondering if you can share how did you contact with council.
Many thanks

starsgate
Newly Registered
Mood:
Syria

Post by starsgate » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Refugees786 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:41 am
Hi dear. I was overstayer refugee ILR and after 9 month waiting I received an email from case worker that my B1 test expired and she said I need to submit updated B1 test otherwise might be they refused me. I submitted within a week a new B1 passed test by email. Now I’m waiting for last 2 weeks for my decision. It’s just waiting game. Frustrating 😳🙏 :roll:
Hi is your B1 test was expired before you submitted your application or it was valid and expired after you submitted it. ?
My application is still ongoing for more than ten months next February my B1 will bexpired. :shock:

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi dear! After submitting the application expired but anyhow I submitted latest B1 just for my safe side. 🙏

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi. It was valid before submitting the application but expired before biomateric done. So she considered as expired.🙏