ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filled Set(M) instead of Set(O) for spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kawal123
Newly Registered
India

Filled Set(M) instead of Set(O) for spouse ILR

Post by kawal123 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi,

i got my ILR last year through 5 years tier 2 route. did my wife's application yesterday and ended up submitting set(M) instead of set(O) as suggested by gov.uk website that set(M) is the form that should be used for settled person.Already paid £3208 and now completely confused about what to do.

can anyone please help. can't even see any option of refund.

Can I vary my form at priority service appointment?

kawal

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Filled Set(M) instead of Set(O) for spouse ILR

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:57 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Has the current visa expired?
If not then reapply on Set(o) and fill out form for set(m) withdrawal n refund. Use google to find link for withdrawal refund form.

kawal123
Newly Registered
India

Post by kawal123 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Current visa is still valid.But There is no option on application to withdraw and ask for refund.

in fact government website says no refund will be given for applications made form inside the UK. https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:03 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:37 pm
Current visa is still valid.But There is no option on application to withdraw and ask for refund.

in fact government website says no refund will be given for applications made form inside the UK. https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Yes. That’s what they say but plenty of members on this forum have successfully withdrawn n obtained a refund.
Don’t bother varying AND you cannot “vary a form at a super priority appointment”.(no such thing)
You can wait for the case worker to contact you to ask you to fill the correct form.
Or you can wait for a refusal and ask for reconsideration or appeal or administrative review( whatever is applicable)
To do a variation you must submit biometrics for the application to be valid and then fill set o form pay the fees etc. Upload a letter requesting to vary the set m to set o..
So if you have the money just re apply and apply for withdrawal and refund at the same time

kawal123
Newly Registered
India

Post by kawal123 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:38 pm

I called UKVI to confirm refund using this form and they did not give any guarantee that I will get any refund.

Are you sure Refund is possible if i withdraw using this link?

my priority appointment is on 20th november and I haven't submitted any documents yet.

many thanks for taking time to reply.highly appreciated.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:54 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:38 pm
I called UKVI to confirm refund using this form and they did not give any guarantee that I will get any refund.

Are you sure Refund is possible if i withdraw using this link?

my priority appointment is on 20th november and I haven't submitted any documents yet.

many thanks for taking time to reply.highly appreciated.
Listen I don’t have the time or the energy to sit and mollycoddle you.
Ur not the first person I’ve advised to go through with it and there many examples on this forum which confirms the refund.
You have made a genuine mistake. These applications are very expensive and hence the chances of refund are high on a stupid mistake like incorrect form. HO does not consist of monsters! They are very fair to great extent. They do say non refundable so people are very very careful before they make submissions. They have better things to rather than sort refunds.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Just RE APPLY and forget abt the Set m biometrics. The application will be returned in a few months as INVALID and ur fee will be refunded minus £25 admin cost.

logeevaghela
United Kingdom

Post by logeevaghela » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:37 am

@kawal:

In other words do not go to next stage - verification stage. Do not submit the documents.It should automatically be cancelled after 45 days and you should get your refund.

Also you can make new (fresh) application.

Downside is your money will be stucked for 8-10 weeks. But good thing is you will get your refund. It's from my personal experience.

Regards,
Logee

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:22 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Hi,

i got my ILR last year through 5 years tier 2 route. did my wife's application yesterday and ended up submitting set(M) instead of set(O) as suggested by gov.uk website that set(M) is the form that should be used for settled person.Already paid £3208 and now completely confused about what to do.

kawal
Dear Kawal,

I read your whole thread. I applied my BC last months, it has been brought to our attention that we were not eligible to apply at this point in time. I spoke with Home Office No.0300 123 2253 and lady suggested that you can send application for REFUND and don't used WITHDRAWAL wording in the application, so I sent my application on 02 Oct 2019 and got letter from HO on 17 Oct 2019 and they agreed to REFUND my money. The money 'credited' in my account yesterday i.e 25 Oct 2019 are £2698.40.

Please just send application for REFUND.

I also thanks to the forum especially bro Aman & CR001.

Regards

kawal123
Newly Registered
India

Post by kawal123 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:21 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:22 pm
kawal123 wrote:
Hi,

kawal
Dear Kawal,

I read your whole thread. I applied my BC last months, it has been brought to our attention that we were not eligible to apply at this point in time. I spoke with Home Office No.0300 123 2253 and lady suggested that you can send application for REFUND and don't used WITHDRAWAL wording in the application, so I sent my application on 02 Oct 2019 and got letter from HO on 17 Oct 2019 and they agreed to REFUND my money. The money 'credited' in my account yesterday i.e 25 Oct 2019 are £2698.40.

Regards

Hey. Manu thanks for your reply. Where exactly you sent the refund request ? Address email ??

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:10 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:21 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:22 pm
kawal123 wrote:
Hi,

kawal
Dear Kawal,

Regards

Hey. Manu thanks for your reply. Where exactly you sent the refund request ? Address email ??
Nationality UKVI
P.O Box 306,
Liverpool
L2 0QN