ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK BORDER AGENCY APPEAL TIME

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoe09
Newly Registered

UK BORDER AGENCY APPEAL TIME

Post by shoe09 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:07 am

I am cofused as regards the days UK Border Agency have to appeal against an AIT decision. My appeal was allowed by an immigration judge in London. Somone told me that the UK Border Agency have 5 working to appeal while another person told me that the UK Border Agency have 28 day so i am very confuse. kindly educate me. I live outside UK

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:21 am

My appeal has been allowed, can the UK Border Agency appeal against this decision? wrote:Yes. The UK Border Agency have the right to make an application to the Tribunal to reconsider the decision, on the grounds that the Tribunal made an error in law. The UK Border Agency have 5 business days (business days mean Monday–Friday, UK holidays do not count as business days). Day one would be the day after the UK Border Agency received the notice of decision. If the UK Border Agency make an application for reconsideration to the Tribunal you, your representative if you have one will be informed in writing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shoe09
Newly Registered

Post by shoe09 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 am

Thanks vinny for educating me, because i was told that the UK border agency have 28 to appeal since i was outside UK but with your response i am now okey.

Thanks a lot for your help