ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received "Citizenship Ceremony" letter instead of corrected "Certificate of Registration" - Need help please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhina1981
Newly Registered
India

Received "Citizenship Ceremony" letter instead of corrected "Certificate of Registration" - Need help please

Post by dhina1981 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:47 am

1. Applied for Naturalization for my daughter(7 years old) & Wife in June 2019

2. Received "Citizenship ceremony" letter for both on 2nd Sep 2019

3. They both attended the ceremony received their certificates on 06th Sep 2019

4. I sent both of their ILR BRP cards back to Home office after receiving the certificate.

5. In my daughter's "Certificate of Registration" the "Place of birth" was spelled wrong and I sent it for correction with the correct form (on 07th Sep 2019).(The mistake was form their end because the spelling was correct in my naturalization application).

6. I received "Citizenship ceremony" letter again for my Daughter on 5th Oct 2019

7. Went to Council registry office to collect the certificate and they advised me that correction certificate will be sent directly to me via recorded delivery and not to them

8. I called Home office helpline twice and received no helpful answer. One told me go and check with the council registry office again and another told me that the "Ceremony letter" could be a mistake and wait for sometime to receive the certificate by post

9. I waited for 3 weeks and nothing arrived to my home (or) to the council registry office

10. Please advice me what I can do now ?

Thank you