ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Living in the UK (Apart from passport)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Documents for Self-Employed

Post by claraluh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 am

Hi everyone, I have applied for my naturalisation few years ago and I have seen things have changed a bit. I am now applying for my Mom's and as she is self-employed her application is a bit different from mine.

Questions are:

1)What documents do we have to send as proof of employment for self-employed people?
Can I send all her Self assessments statements or do I also have to send the self-assessment calculations?

2)What documents can I send as proof of residency? does the self-employments statements suffice? (When I applied I only supplied the 5 years P60s)

Many Thanks for all the help. :D

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Documents for Self-Employed

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 am

It’s online now if ur based in Uk. Also guides you with generating a list. Do a dummy run for confidence.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-19.pdf

Read page 29 onwards for supporting documents.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:12 am

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:17 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:09 am
It’s online now if ur based in Uk. Also guides you with generating a list. Do a dummy run for confidence.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -10-19.pdf

Read page 29 onwards for supporting documents.
Thanks a lot for the links, I will give it a good reading.

I was reading through the other posts in the forum about the referees, and I think I've read somewhere that I have to insert all the referees details when filling the online form and in the end I have to print the referee forms so they can sign. Is there a way I can print the forms while I am doing this "dummy run" and then after the referees have signed it, I can go back to the form and fill up the required information??

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:22 am

The referee declaration form is separate to the details of the referees that YOU are supposed to state on the online form.
Once you start the form, you’ll get an understanding of what details you need from the referees.
The declaration can be downloaded after submission or you can choose to have it signed earlier.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Point is if you start the form it’ll unravel fairly quickly. And YES you can edit the form a 100 times before submission.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:22 am
The referee declaration form is separate to the details of the referees that YOU are supposed to state on the online form.
Once you start the form, you’ll get an understanding of what details you need from the referees.
The declaration can be downloaded after submission or you can choose to have it signed earlier.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Point is if you start the form it’ll unravel fairly quickly. And YES you can edit the form a 100 times before submission.
Thank you again for the quick reply!! Have a great week :D

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

I have what I hope to be my last question, for now :?

I just remembered that in 2016 my mother had an emergency surgery and she spent just over 3 months outside the UK, the fact is she needed to have a hysterectomy, therefore we thought the best option was for her to have the surgery back home as she needed some months for recover and over there there would be more people to help her during her recovery as she wouldn't be able to do much.

Does this time spent outside the UK affects her application? That was the only long period she spent away, in the total 5 years she hasn't been away for more that 450 days, but on that particular year she has been away for more than 90 days.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 pm

claraluh wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm
I have what I hope to be my last question, for now :?

I just remembered that in 2016 my mother had an emergency surgery and she spent just over 3 months outside the UK, the fact is she needed to have a hysterectomy, therefore we thought the best option was for her to have the surgery back home as she needed some months for recover and over there there would be more people to help her during her recovery as she wouldn't be able to do much.

Does this time spent outside the UK affects her application? That was the only long period she spent away, in the total 5 years she hasn't been away for more that 450 days, but on that particular year she has been away for more than 90 days.
450 days in 5 years
90 days in the last 12 months preceding the application date.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Proof of Living in the UK (Apart from passport)

Post by claraluh » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

What can be sent as proof of living in the uk for the 5 past years if the Passport doesn’t have all the relevant exit/entry stamps?
On the Application form it says “Letters from government department”. What kind of departments? Can it be HMRC? My mother is self-employed so she only receives letters from HMRC, she doesn’t have any employers, she has clients.
And How many letters should we include for the 5 years?

Many Thanks 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of Living in the UK (Apart from passport)

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:29 pm
Topics merged!!!
Thank You!

Would you be able to help me out with this question? I wanted to find out how many letters I should include to prove 5 years qualifying period as my mother doesn't have all the entry/exit stamps. She has Only an Entry stamp on her first passport in 2008 when she first came here, there's also an entry stamp in 2013 when we returned from Holidays in Brazil. She is self-employed since 2011 and she has all the self-assessment statements which she is sending as well as proof of work, would this be also suffice as residency proof or should we add more letters? She has letters from Home office Permanent residence application back in 2014 (June), a few letters from HMRC about self-assessment returns. I wanted to make sure how many should we provide apart from the tax account statements.

Many Thanks

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Council tax statements covering the 5 years.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm

One document for each period is enough. Two is making sure, maybe don't over do it. Letters tend to cover a month or so, so statements are better.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:41 pm

What if there is no council tax statements? Can we use letters from NHS or HMRC?

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Yes. You asked in addition to tax statements. Letters from any government organisation or employer will do. Council tax is usually the easiest, but not always, of course. You can request past statements from councils, but it may take a while depending on how (dis)organized they are. Other ideas are car tax letters, child benefit, any other benefits, tax reminder letters.

HO seem to be nice and ask for extra documents if they have a problem before refusing.

It is actually quite puzzling that HO even ask for tax statements given that it is all in electronic form and they should see it from the source.

Given that this is for nonEU citizen, I would guess they only need a few extra documents.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:34 am

We are sending two passports but the only entry stamp on these is on Dec 2013 when back from holidays, and there are a few other stamps from Spain and Lisbon holidays but they don’t have the entry stamp in UK when back from these places.
We are also sending Self assessment statements from 2014-2019 ( I guess these will also suffice as proof of residency isn’t it?
We have a work contract dated September 2014, but she only worked there for a couple of months I guess.

My question was actually if we have to send additional proof of residency apart from the self assessment statements (self employed) or these will be enough?

One of her clients also signed the referee form. (She works for her for over 5 years)

Many Thanks. All answers are of a great help.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Thank you everyone for all the help provided in this forum.
We have submitted the application and booked the appointment at Croydon for doc checking and to have Biometrics taken.
We are now scanning the documents and I have a few questions.
Under the categories, we have:

1- Proof of application (The passport issued by Brazil for Mrs ....) - Do we have to put all pages of the latest passport(the one provided on application), or just the photo page?

The other categories are a bit confusing.
We have:
1-Other: I am planning to upload life in the UK test here
2- Residence in UK: I am uploading all passports pages, 1st passport 2013-2018, second passport 2018-2028. (She has another passport from 2008-2013 the one she used when she first came to UK, and with the first residence visa, should I upload this as well or is it not relevant as it's from before the 5 years qualifying period?)
3-Finances: I will upload all self-employment statements since 2014 until now
4-Proof of Business: I will upload the latest Self assessment calculation + tax return (we didn't receive this statement yet and I can not download from the website)
5-life events: nothing here
6-Medical information: nothing here
7-Sponsors/Employment: Should I upload the self employment HMRC statements again here, or should I just upload them here instead of uploading them under "finances" section?
8-Proof of identity/Travel History: Should I ulpoad all the passports again here? Or should I just upload the stamped pages?
9-Educational: I am uploading the Trinity College GESE English Certificate B1.1 Here.

My mother''s appointment is for Tuesday the 05th, I hope I will have everything ready by then. All help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:17 am

Categories are not important as long as all documents on check list are uploaded.

1- All pages-
2- All passports is better.
3. No need to repeat evidence upload. It’s normal for one piece of evidence to suffice two or more requirements.