ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents have ILR and children exceeded Tier 2 dependant validity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ayorabi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Parents have ILR and children exceeded Tier 2 dependant validity

Post by ayorabi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi, my partner and I have ILR for a year now. My UK born children are still on Tier 2 dependant visa. The intention was to register them as British citizens straight after we get ILR but this didn't happen for various reasons. My question is, do I have to register them before the expiry of their Tier2 dependant visa, or is it OK to carry on as we are. I'm guessing this must be a problem especially on entry to the UK if we had to travel abroad and their cards have expired, even though their parents have valid ILRs. The children are 5 and 2.

Appreciate any input

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents have ILR and children exceeded Tier 2 dependant validity

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:27 pm

My question is, do I have to register them before the expiry of their Tier2 dependant visa
No. Citizenship does not come under section 3c protection under the immigration rules.
or is it OK to carry on as we are.
You should register them as British as soon as possible. Why have you delayed doing it??
I'm guessing this must be a problem especially on entry to the UK if we had to travel abroad and their cards have expired, even though their parents have valid ILRs.
They won't even be allowed to board a plane to come back. Your ilr status will be irrelevant. Everyone travelling needs a visa/ILR to board a plane and enter the UK or a British passport. They are not yet British. Simply being born in the UK is not sufficient, you must register them as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ayorabi
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Parents have ILR and children exceeded Tier 2 dependant validity

Post by ayorabi » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Many thanks CR001. Filling the applications now :oops: