ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life In The UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bzhao
China

Re: Life In The UK

Post by bzhao » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:09 pm
No
Thanks a lot, CR001.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:23 pm

One more questions.

Just saw from another topic that, for the Applicant's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions, the applicant submitted both a HO letter and BRP.

We only submitted BRP, so just wonder if BRP only is good enough. The letter from HO is very general and it doesn't even have our names on. Any clarification please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Brp is sufficient
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Brp is sufficient
Thanks again, CR001.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm

bzhao wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 pm
That is just a guide. it is not a requirement
Thanks a lot, Zimba. Are you saying that, as long as the size of the file does not exceed the limit, those scans in color can still be used? I just wonder make sure that, HO won't have any issues with that...thanks anyway
Its all good. As long as the scans are under 6 MB, its fine. All my uploads were colored scan within 6 MB limit. If any of your pdf's are larger than 6 MB, just use any online service to compress the file whilst maintaining resolution quality. Worked well for me.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:06 am

trueblue19 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:54 pm
bzhao wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:29 pm
Zimba wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:22 pm
That is just a guide. it is not a requirement
Thanks a lot, Zimba. Are you saying that, as long as the size of the file does not exceed the limit, those scans in color can still be used? I just wonder make sure that, HO won't have any issues with that...thanks anyway
Its all good. As long as the scans are under 6 MB, its fine. All my uploads were colored scan within 6 MB limit. If any of your pdf's are larger than 6 MB, just use any online service to compress the file whilst maintaining resolution quality. Worked well for me.

bzhao
China

British Passport Application

Post by bzhao » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my first British passport, and have one question not quite sure.

For the supporting document, apart from the naturalization certificate, the guidance also asks to provide
the passport that you used to come into the UK and any foreign passport you hold or are included on

My current passport was issued in the end of the last year, and since then I never left the UK... no travel at all for a year or so... Strictly speaking, I don't think it is the passport I used to come to the UK...

So, my questions is, shall I also provide my previous passport (or even the very first passport that I used to come to the UK in the first time)? They are all cancelled of course...

I saw similar questions asked by others, and Gurus say that we can just provide the current/valid passport. For other people, I think it's OK, as the Guidance doesn't actually ask for the passport you used to come to the UK for the first time. However, in my case, the current passport has not been used for travelling at all.

Any suggestions please? Thank you very much.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Current valid passport and the passport used to enter as stated on ur naturalisation application as entry date shall suffice.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi Guru,

I think that's the case, but just double check.

Does the certificate of British Citizenship mean the Certificate of Naturalisation? So once received the Certificate of Naturalisation in the ceremony, we need to return our ILR BRP card to the Home Office? Thanks.

I just want to make sure that, the certificate of British Citizenship is not something else. Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:00 pm

bzhao wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm
Hi Guru,

Does the certificate of British Citizenship mean the Certificate of Naturalisation? So once received the Certificate of Naturalisation in the ceremony, we need to return our ILR BRP card to the Home Office? Thanks.

I just want to make sure that, the certificate of British Citizenship is not something else. Thanks a lot.
It's the same thing. There is only one citizenship certificate. And yes ilr brp has to be returned to home office within 5 days of attending the ceremony.

p.s please continue your questions in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging onto another members thread.

british-citizenship/life-in-the-uk-t287982.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:00 pm
bzhao wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:57 pm
Hi Guru,

It's the same thing. There is only one citizenship certificate. And yes ilr brp has to be returned to home office within 5 days of attending the ceremony.

p.s please continue your questions in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging onto another members thread.

british-citizenship/life-in-the-uk-t287982.html
Thanks, CR001.

By the way, it seems I am on my own thread...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Sorry, you are indeed, long day :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bzhao
China

Post by bzhao » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:06 pm
Sorry, you are indeed, long day :oops:
No worries at all :D :D

I returned my BRP card today (attended ceremony a few days ago). After that, I was looking at the AN guide and the ceremony invitation letter. It says that, we need to return the BRP card after received the certificate of British Citizenship. Just want to make sure that the Certificate of Naturalisation we got at the end of the citizenship ceremony is indeed the certificate of British Citizenship, and it's alright to return the BRP card. That's all. Maybe a bit over thinking. :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:15 pm

There is only one certificate that you get at the ceremony. There is nothing else.

You are overthinking yes :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)