ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starsgate
Newly Registered
Mood:
Syria

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by starsgate » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Refugees786 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi. It was valid before submitting the application but expired before biomateric done. So she considered as expired.🙏
THANK YOU, I WISH YOU AND ALL OFF US GOOD LUCK

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 am
Omyousif wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm
Omyousif wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:24 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 am
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??
Actually I don't think it from caseworker, just stander reply, and yes she is a female.
I received the letter today from them, and as I expected they saying that my application will take more than 6 months and they will try to make decision as soon as possible
That is all no thing to do other than waiting
Hi bro I received same one really after six months I'm very disappointed I dont know how long they will keep waiting me

Strange ... u received an email saying your application being prepared for caseworker consideration on the 4th Oct that means they had completed all the necessary checks for caseworkers final decision, in this situation how can they send you a letter

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:13 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:02 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 am
Omyousif wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:10 pm
Omyousif wrote:
Actually I don't think it from caseworker, just stander reply, and yes she is a female.
I received the letter today from them, and as I expected they saying that my application will take more than 6 months and they will try to make decision as soon as possible
That is all no thing to do other than waiting
Hi bro I received same one really after six months I'm very disappointed I dont know how long they will keep waiting me

Strange ... u received an email saying your application being prepared for caseworker consideration on the 4th Oct that means they had completed all the necessary checks for caseworkers final decision, in this situation how can they send you a letter
Hi bro yes I recieved email on 4 Oct but I dont know why they send me this kind of letter again about under process 😥 I hope soon they will decide my application .

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:34 am

Omyousif wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 am
Omyousif wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:34 pm
Hello members yesterday I email today I got reply.im confused this Is reply from team or caseworker??

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the progress of your application for British Citizenship

I am writing to let you know that we are still dealing with your application, I have written you a letter with more information and will send this out to you today.

Kind regards
Xxxx
I received the same email from them yesterday, but I don't know what the information they talk about.
Just wait until the letter arrived.
Note I applied in Jan 2019
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??
Hi brother did you receive any email before email about letter actually 4 oct I received this email .

Thank you for your e-mail

According to our system, to date, this application is being prepared for caseworker consideration. Once this application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Thank you
Did you receive and kind of email like this ??

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Tech12345 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:41 pm
BigMo wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi Tech12345, I did the same thing a few days ago and got the same response (my application was submitted end of Aug). From reading other threads, it seems that this is a standard response they send when it has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. I have sent a follow up email asking them to clarify if it has been allocated to a caseworker, awaiting response on that.
Hi BigMo, Many thanks for the feedback. Please let us know when you get a response. I am hoping it has been allocated to a caseworker. Thanks
Hey, I have had a response from the team this morning. It confirms that the 'application is currently not with a caseworker as yet.' Hopefully it gets allocated soon!

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Request an update and received a response from the caseworker as below

Dear Mr XX

In regards to the progress of your application I am pleased to confirm that your application was granted on 22/10/19 and you should hear from our ceremony support team within 7 - 10 working days.

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

caseworkers response received at around 1 pm and then little later at around 3:30 pm received another email from UKVI contact Center with below response

Dear Mr XX ,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/KGXV4/

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

So I believe those response from UKVI contact centres are 100% accurate.

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Dear Mr XX

In regards to the progress of your application I am pleased to confirm that your application was granted on 22/10/19 and you should hear from our ceremony support team within 7 - 10 working days.

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

caseworkers response received at around 1 pm and then little later at around 3:30 pm received another email from UKVI contact Center with below response

Dear Mr XX ,

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Please note that we will contact you as soon as we are in a position to take a decision on your case. You do not need to contact us again unless you need to report a change in circumstances.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

Hi bro congrats in advance I hope you will get soon.

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:

Dear Mr XX

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Dear Mr XX ,

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

Response from Contact centres are NOT 100% accurate

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:24 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:

Dear Mr XX

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Dear Mr XX ,

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

I hope whoever waiting over 6 months will get those decisions soon

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:

Dear Mr XX

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Dear Mr XX ,

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

Congrats mate! I’m really happy for you!

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 pm

Guys. Just have a question. Why most of refugees take a lot of time to process. To me it seems some kind of done in purpose to delay the decisions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 pm

PPTP wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 pm
Guys. Just have a question. Why most of refugees take a lot of time to process. To me it seems some kind of done in purpose to delay the decisions.
It is not only refugees. There are many who have straightforward applications or are spouse of British citizens where applications take very long. Some members with perfect history and meeting all requirements have been waiting over a year, some 2 years also.

There is no vendetta against anyone particluat forum or type of applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ZKelemen
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ZKelemen » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi guys,

Which email addresses the best to contact home office regarding your naturalisation application? 🤔

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

What are the differences? 🤓

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 am

sam86ds wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:41 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:

Dear Mr XX

Kind Regards,
XX
EO Caseworker, CT6
Nationality
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Dear Mr XX ,

Yours sincerely,
UK Visas and Immigration

Congrats mate! I’m really happy for you!
Thanks you mate your approval not be longer.

Luckycharma
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Luckycharma » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:41 am

It has been 7 and a half months since I applied and so frustrating. So many things are on hold due to this. Don’t even know what to expect

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:57 pm
PPTP wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:54 pm
It is not only refugees. There are many who have straightforward applications or are spouse of British citizens where applications take very long. Some members with perfect history and meeting all requirements have been waiting over a year, some 2 years also.

There is no vendetta against anyone particluat forum or type of applicant.
Thank you for the reply. I think I will not wait for 2 years. I have already waited for 3.5 years to resolve my asylum case and over 8 months for ILR - it take a lot. No way. And still cannot understand how they decide who gets quicker and who get slower.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Refugee Settlement + 1ILR
Language/LIUK Criteria: Trinity + Naric Crtf + Life in UK
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 14/08/2019
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 16/08/2019
Date of debit of fees: 14/08/2019
Date of bio metric Appointment letter received: 14/08/2019
Date Bio metrics enrolled:21/08/2019 (Sal ford Manchester)
Date on Approval letter: waiting
Date of receipt of approval:waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:waiting
Date of Ceremony:waiting

I sent an email to Citizenship support on 21th Oct asking for an update and I received the below response today but I’m confused that is this replied by caseworker or citizenship team ? Does this mean my application is with casework ? Would anyone advise how long it takes for the application to be decided once it's with a caseworker?

Good Morning,

Dear XXX

thank you for your e-mail.
your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.
we will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process.

Kind regards
Mrs X XXXXX

Laraa89
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Laraa89 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:43 pm

Laraa89 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:17 pm
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me here.

I applied for British Citizenship on 27th March 19 and I got the email on the same day "Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered"

However, on 20 May 19 I got the same email with a different reference number :/

I email further nationality enquiries about which reference number is the correct one and they said the second one (which was received on 20th May) does this mean my 6 months wait starts from the date I received my second email? I'm confuses as there's almost 2 months difference :(

I applied for citizenship after marrying a British citizen but I also had my ILR for 5 months when I applied. it's been a year since I had my ILR now. I had my discretionary leave to remain for 5 years then got my ILR. I got married in January 19 (not sure if these informations helps)

I contacted them after 6 months of the original date and they replied with this:

"Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration"

Does this mean it's not with a case worker yet? :?
Can someone help me with this please :(

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm

BigMo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm
Tech12345 wrote:
BigMo wrote:
Hi Tech12345, I did the same thing a few days ago and got the same response (my application was submitted end of Aug). From reading other threads, it seems that this is a standard response they send when it has not yet been allocated to a caseworker. I have sent a follow up email asking them to clarify if it has been allocated to a caseworker, awaiting response on that.
Hi BigMo, Many thanks for the feedback. Please let us know when you get a response. I am hoping it has been allocated to a caseworker. Thanks
Hey, I have had a response from the team this morning. It confirms that the 'application is currently not with a caseworker as yet.' Hopefully it gets allocated soon!
Update on the above. I sent a further follow up this morning (have travel plans was trying to assess whether they needed flexing). Got the resposne:

"Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

FMT"

What's not clear is whether in 21 working days I'll get a decision or whether I'll get a generic letter in post saying 'some applications take longer than others'. Reading other posts, it seems to be a combination of both. For reference, my application is well within the 6 months so hoping it is the decision and NOT the 'may take longer' letter!

Wondering if anyone else had a similar email with application within 6 months window, and actually received the letter? Whether it was decision or just generic letter?

Many thanks

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Had a call today from my local council informing that they have received my certificate and asked me to book an appointment for ceremony but am still waiting for the letters from Home office.

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:57 pm

BigMo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm
BigMo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm
Tech12345 wrote:
BigMo wrote:
Update on the above. I sent a further follow up this morning (have travel plans was trying to assess whether they needed flexing). Got the resposne:

"Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

FMT"

What's not clear is whether in 21 working days I'll get a decision or whether I'll get a generic letter in post saying 'some applications take longer than others'. Reading other posts, it seems to be a combination of both. For reference, my application is well within the 6 months so hoping it is the decision and NOT the 'may take longer' letter!

Wondering if anyone else had a similar email with application within 6 months window, and actually received the letter? Whether it was decision or just generic letter?

Many thanks
Best of luck bro!
I have received a same response from FMT team on the 14th October and still waiting!!!

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:37 pm
Had a call today from my local council informing that they have received my certificate and asked me to book an appointment for ceremony but am still waiting for the letters from Home office.
Don’t worry mate! Your approval on its way 🙂

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello members

Yesterday I email FMT for update and today they reply me I'm totally hope less what's going on with my application some time they said it's being prepared some time they said its take longer and today they are saying it's still ongoing in progress and some enquires.

Thank you for your e-mail

I understand from our records that you were contacted by letter on 4th October.

Our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

Katesays
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Katesays » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am

Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions

Hi there,

I am going to attend Biometrics on saturday 02/11. For evidence of freedom from immigtation time rrstrictions i can only provide brp as i have lost the original letter from HO.

Will it be okay to provide BRP only?

Please help me thanks

Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 am

Katesays wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am
Evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions

Hi there,

I am going to attend Biometrics on saturday 02/11. For evidence of freedom from immigtation time rrstrictions i can only provide brp as i have lost the original letter from HO.

Will it be okay to provide BRP only?

Please help me thanks

Kate
You only need the brp. Letter not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.