ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP not arrived after getting HO letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giroop2003
Newly Registered
India

Re: BRP not arrived after getting HO letter

Post by giroop2003 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I am waiting for my BRP card to arrive > 11 days and > 7 working days. I am disappointed very much I have to cancel my flight and travel which was very expensive because of holiday season.

If I don’t get my BRP card > 10 working days, will I have any issues in working in my next hospital with my old unexpired BRP card?

I had given for new visa change after changing sponsor which did not arrive in time.

Kindly reply

deceku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by deceku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 am

Hi All,

I am so surprised to see so many others are experiencing the same issue.

I applied for priority visa on 6/8/19 and got a letter from the HO on 12/8/19.

Meanwhile I called DX and they told me that wheneever HO sends them the BRP, the next working day they wpuld emila me and while delivering someone should call me. But atm they did not have anything for me

I waited for 10 working days and reported to the link they ve sent online.

I got a reporting-confirmation email saying that I should wait 5 working days then someone will call me too.

I am planning to use this link to prove my new workplace that I have a right to work
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

I am a doctor and gave extra money for priority services, couldnt find a flat tehrefore put my stuff in a storage etc etc. I cant tell how many inconveniences they have caused. I lost thousands of pounds.

Any if you started working wothout a brp ? Can HR get in contact withthe HO to check thmy visa situation?

How did your workplaces reacted to this problem?

What should I do to speed things up? I mean do you think it is better not to wait this 5 wotking days thing and email / call everywhere?

Cheers

giroop2003
Newly Registered
India

Post by giroop2003 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am

I am also a doctor and facing same problem and I have also lost quite a huge amount. It’s crazy we have to wait without any clarification in deep confusion about our next day situation

deceku
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by deceku » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:28 pm

I feel your pain
giroop2003 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am
I am also a doctor and facing same problem and I have also lost quite a huge amount. It’s crazy we have to wait without any clarification in deep confusion about our next day situation

Which visa type you applied to (priority/ superptiority or normal)

when did the home office send you the visa confirmation email?

Do you think workplaces have a right to cancel the wptk contract because of this excess waiting period

giroop2003
Newly Registered
India

Post by giroop2003 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:52 pm

I had applied for priority services on 8/8/19 and received reply from home office on 13/8/19 stating your application was successful and I was suppose to travel on 16/8/19. But my biometric card never arrived.

I am moving to next hospital and with the letter from home office and my present BRP card which is still valid, so I can work in next hospital and same is been confirmed by the hospital as my contract start from 1/9/19. The problem was I had resigned from 16/8/19 from the present hospital.

I have sent a complaint today and received generic reply

primani
Newly Registered
India

Post by primani » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:02 pm

My husband who is a doctor is also facing the same exact issue. Did you doctors recieve your BRP card? Where you able to join work without your card? Where you successful in securing a rental without this card for validation?

giroop2003
Newly Registered
India

Post by giroop2003 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi, I received my BRP almost after 14 working days, after > 3 weeks of email from Home office.

It looks like they are sending but for some reason they are taking lot of time

zaryab_hussain77
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by zaryab_hussain77 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm

giroop2003 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm
Hi, I received my BRP almost after 14 working days, after > 3 weeks of email from Home office.

It looks like they are sending but for some reason, they are taking a lot of time
Congratulations!! they took their time but finally sent it through. I am in a similar situation. I had priority appointment in Sheffield on 7/08/2019 and received an email from HO on 12/08/2019, which stated that my application was successful but I still haven't received the BRP. My work won't allow me to start as they need to perform their mandatory check. You received yours yesterday, which gives me hope that I might receive mine soon. I was supposed to start my work on 9/9/2019 but it would be delayed. :cry:
Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Zaryab

marilin
Newly Registered

Post by marilin » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 am

I got my decision letter from HO about settled status on 16/08. 10 working days later- BRP hasn't arrived. Reported via link,received an automated response that someone would get back to me within 5 working days (5th working day was yesterday) - nobody got back to me.. Any advice on further steps will be highly appreciated.

giroop2003
Newly Registered
India

Post by giroop2003 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:12 am

It’s a standard process quite a few people went through, but you will get your BRP after some delay. Keep following their procedures

sireesha_rayapaneni
Newly Registered
India

Post by sireesha_rayapaneni » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:15 pm

nk111 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 am
Hello all,

In a similar situation. Got the letter from the Home Office dated 23rd June 2019. We filled in the details at https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived and got the standard reply that someone will get in touch with us.

Letter does not have details of the case worker. When I called the number mentioned on the letter, they said the only way in getting in touch with the case worker is if we write a letter back to them.

Cannot travel or prove conditions of stay to employers.

1. Is there any way in contacting the Home Office case worker?
2. Is there a way to understand what the 'technical issue' is?
3. Is there a way to expedite this process in order to get the BRP as quickly as possible?
4. Has anyone in this thread received their BRP?

Hi,

I am in the same situation. I applied for replacement of BRP for my last name change in premium service on 24/07/2019 and i got HO letter 31 July that my request has been approved but till now i haven't got my BRP yet, it's been almost like 6 weeks.

And I contacted the below url and always getting an automated message saying that "Some Technical issue has been happened and case worker will contact you regarding this.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

Don't know what i need to do as i need to apply for Tier -2 general dependant visa for my husband.

Can you please let me if you got your BRP yet or not?

Can you please suggest what are the next action i can take?

sireesha_rayapaneni
Newly Registered
India

Post by sireesha_rayapaneni » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:16 pm

giroop2003 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:12 am
It’s a standard process quite a few people went through, but you will get your BRP after some delay. Keep following their procedures
Hi,

I am in the same situation. I applied for replacement of BRP for my last name change in premium service on 24/07/2019 and i got HO letter 31 July that my request has been approved but till now i haven't got my BRP yet, it's been almost like 6 weeks.

And I contacted the below url and always getting an automated message saying that "Some Technical issue has been happened and case worker will contact you regarding this.
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

Don't know what i need to do as i need to apply for Tier -2 general dependant visa for my husband.

Can you please let me if you got your BRP yet or not. If you got your BRP, may i know how long did it take?

Can you please suggest me what are the next action i can take?

sireesha_rayapaneni
Newly Registered
India

Post by sireesha_rayapaneni » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Thank god, today i just got my BRP card.
It's been almost 7 weeks for me in premium service.

aria20172019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aria20172019 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 pm

deceku wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:51 am
Hi All,

I am so surprised to see so many others are experiencing the same issue.

I applied for priority visa on 6/8/19 and got a letter from the HO on 12/8/19.

Meanwhile I called DX and they told me that wheneever HO sends them the BRP, the next working day they wpuld emila me and while delivering someone should call me. But atm they did not have anything for me

I waited for 10 working days and reported to the link they ve sent online.

I got a reporting-confirmation email saying that I should wait 5 working days then someone will call me too.

I am planning to use this link to prove my new workplace that I have a right to work
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

I am a doctor and gave extra money for priority services, couldnt find a flat tehrefore put my stuff in a storage etc etc. I cant tell how many inconveniences they have caused. I lost thousands of pounds.

Any if you started working wothout a brp ? Can HR get in contact withthe HO to check thmy visa situation?

How did your workplaces reacted to this problem?

What should I do to speed things up? I mean do you think it is better not to wait this 5 wotking days thing and email / call everywhere?

Cheers
Hey Have you received your BRP? I received the letter on 22/8/2019 and paid for a piority service. Nothing received now..

aria20172019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aria20172019 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:59 pm

marilin wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:24 am
I got my decision letter from HO about settled status on 16/08. 10 working days later- BRP hasn't arrived. Reported via link,received an automated response that someone would get back to me within 5 working days (5th working day was yesterday) - nobody got back to me.. Any advice on further steps will be highly appreciated.
Have your received yours? I got the letter on 22/08. Nothing received.

pratiekk72
Newly Registered
India

Post by pratiekk72 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:18 am

Hello all

I am facing the same issue.
After getting mail from BRP OATech, how many days does it take to get the BRP dispatched/delivered?

Thank you!

pratiekk72
Newly Registered
India

Post by pratiekk72 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello

After getting mail from BRP OATech, how many days does it take to get the BRP dispatched/delivered?

Thank you!
SSRIRAM wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:24 pm
Hi All,

I have got my BRP delivered today while having Approved on 16.07.2019

Took 5 weeks in total.

Steps taken:

1.Raised haven't recieved BRP on home office portal
2. Wait for 5 days and email BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
3. BRP delivered

SSRIRAM wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:25 am
Hi Srani,

Did you get your BRP yet? I'm also in similar situation.

Srani wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:39 am
Yes, It's been morethan a month now i didn't receive my BRP. They come back today saying below details.
Now my question is as I don't hold 1 month multi entry visa, I hold my current BRP which is about to expire in 22nd Jul 2019. In this case can i travel ?

"Further to our previous email, we have still been unable to produce your BRP. This is due to card application not progressing through the system

Our technical team are actively working to resolve the issue and hope to be in a position to produce it shortly. We will continue to provide you with updates until the issue has been resolved.

For any further enquiries on this matter, please contact the BRP Technical Team at BRPOATECH@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

If your 1 month multi entry visa has expired, we advise you not to make travel arrangements until you have received your BRP. Please note your right to remain in the UK is not affected."

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi all, any update about brp?
I have got a letter from HO in 1st Oct and received my brp on 4th Oct. my husband is dependant and dint receive his brp. Reported after 10 working days. We were asked to wait for 5 working days and got a response saying caseworker will contact directly. But nothing till now.
In an emergency thinking it would arrive soon, he travelled out of Uk on 8th Oct and was supposed to come on 18th Oct. he has cancelled his ticket and still waiting not able to come back. This is the horrible situation ever. Wat do u guys think how long does it take to arrive? And is there any possibility to contact anyone?

vasudevaraonaidu
Newly Registered
India

Post by vasudevaraonaidu » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 pm

Anjali7 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:33 pm
Hi all, any update about brp?
I have got a letter from HO in 1st Oct and received my brp on 4th Oct. my husband is dependant and dint receive his brp. Reported after 10 working days. We were asked to wait for 5 working days and got a response saying caseworker will contact directly. But nothing till now.
In an emergency thinking it would arrive soon, he travelled out of Uk on 8th Oct and was supposed to come on 18th Oct. he has cancelled his ticket and still waiting not able to come back. This is the horrible situation ever. Wat do u guys think how long does it take to arrive? And is there any possibility to contact anyone?
Hi Anjali,

Dont worry it will take around 30 days for few people. In my case also I got my card after one month.
I have received my letter on 24th Sep and in that they mention the BRP will be available in the post office from 5th October onwards. I went to post office on 7th Oct but it was not there. After two weeks I have raised a request to Home Office on 16th Oct. They responded back on 5th working day and simply said they are not dealing with those kind of requests. I was raised one more request to the same team and they responded back with the exact arrival date to the postoffice. Eventhough initiall they mentioned on 5th Oct the card was issued on 21st Oct, so it was delivered a bit late. In some cases for some people it will be dealyed.. Go to this link and report an incident. https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
under heading "If you have problems collecting your BRP"

Thanks,
Vasu

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:53 am

Hi
I haven’t got any update on brp yet. It’s been 1 month I have got an approval letter. This is stressing me so much m

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am

pratiekk72 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:18 am
Hello all

Thank you!
Hi,
I am facing same problem. We got approval from HO on Oct1st and received my BRP on 4th Oct. my husband dint get his. Reported on the link provided by home office and got response after 5 working days as wait for caseworker to contact us. No update till now. It’s a month now. Wen did u contact BRP OA tech team and wat response did u get? Have u got ur BRP delivered? How many days did it take? Pls let me also know wat to do. I am so much stressed as he already travelled out of country due to emergency. Thank u

aelondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aelondon » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:40 pm

I will post my undelivered BRP story in case it helps any of you. I actually got help by contacting BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gov.uk.

I got my Home Office letter on 4 January 2019 but I took me until 8 July 2019 to realise I had never received my BRP - I know, it's crazy but I wasn't travelling in that time and I kept thinking I had misplaced it.

I contacted Home Office on 8 July 2019 to report it had never arrived, got an automatic email at first and then 5 days later BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gov.uk responded to say: "I have contacted our couriers requesting tracking details. As the BRP was produced in January 2019 no longer available to view via our tracking systems. When they have responded I will confirm further details for you. We advise travel arrangements should not be made until after the BRP has been received."

I didn't hear anything more so I emailed back on 13 August and they responded by saying DX confirmed they delivered it in January so I needed to report the BRP as Lost and apply again at my own cost!

I replied saying: "I would like to outline how frustrating this is given I paid £3018 for a priority service and never received my BRP. I have spoken to several other people who have told me that DX are incredibly unreliable and they never received their BRP's either. I now have to pay for a new card and wait for a new appointment. The service provided by Sopra Steria, DX and yourselves is unacceptable. How can you continue to us DX when so many BRP's go undelivered? I would have been happy to travel somewhere and pick up my BRP rather than rely on a third party who can not provide any information about which day they delivered the permit or who signed for it."

Just a few hours later they replied apologising and confirmed they cancelled my old BRP and would send a new one as soon as possible! I couldn't believe it, I had actually gotten through to a reasonable human.

The staff member behind BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gov.uk (Richard) continued to give me updates about shipment times and I received my BRP 4 days later!

I hope some of you can get similar help.

Anjali7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anjali7 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Anjali7 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am
pratiekk72 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:18 am
Hello all

Thank you!
Hi,
I am facing same problem. We got approval from HO on Oct1st and received my BRP on 4th Oct. my husband dint get his. Reported on the link provided by home office and got response after 5 working days as wait for caseworker to contact us. No update till now. It’s a month now. Wen did u contact BRP OA tech team and wat response did u get? Have u got ur BRP delivered? How many days did it take? Pls let me also know wat to do. I am so much stressed as he already travelled out of country due to emergency. Thank u
Helo
Have u received ur brp? Can u please let me know how long did it take if u received..after getting an email saying technical issue from brp oa tech team, in how long does it get delivered..expecting for replies and am so stressed about this, thank u

Arun7u
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arun7u » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:13 pm

olagirl wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am
I received my letter dated the 7th of Feb (via Solicitor) still waiting for my BRP, i contacted DX giving my Solicitors postcode they told me it been returned . i contacted the home office using the link, and i got the automated response , and someone contacted me on the 5th day asking for more details (passport no, new address) after sending this i got another reply 2 days after saying my information has been sent to the relevant dept. and i will get an email when re delivery is booked with a tracking no, but without timeline. am soo tired of waiting
HI olagirl - How did you get your BRP back and how long did it take for you? is there anyway to contact homeoffice to prioritise my case? I am having same situation like you and worried as I have some travel plan.
Thanks!

Arun7u
Newly Registered
India

Post by Arun7u » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Arun7u wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:13 pm
olagirl wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am
I received my letter dated the 7th of Feb (via Solicitor) still waiting for my BRP, i contacted DX giving my Solicitors postcode they told me it been returned . i contacted the home office using the link, and i got the automated response , and someone contacted me on the 5th day asking for more details (passport no, new address) after sending this i got another reply 2 days after saying my information has been sent to the relevant dept. and i will get an email when re delivery is booked with a tracking no, but without timeline. am soo tired of waiting
HI olagirl - How did you get your BRP back and how long did it take for you? is there anyway to contact homeoffice to prioritise my case? I am having same situation like you and worried as I have some travel plan.
Thanks!
Anyone else faced similar issue where BRP is sent back to home office when not delivered by Dx? What to do if haven't heard back on re delivery?