ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

20 years rule !!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

20 years rule !!!

Post by mahichiru » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 am

Hi
I came to UK on 31st Oct 1999. Was on valid visa for 7 years n then over stayed. Applied abt 7 years ago before rules change to 20 years from 14 years on the basis of private life. But application got rejected as I haven’t completed 14 years in UK by that time.
Now with me completing 20 years in UK by end of this month I want to find out
When is the earliest I can apply for visa (can I apply 28 days before date )? Will I b able to use the premium service (24 hrs decision ) for visa ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 20 years rule !!!

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:56 am

FLR(FP) when you reach 20 years. This will be a 10 year route to ILR, 4 x 2.5 year visas, IF you get approved.

You cannot use super priority as your case is not straightforward. You will likely only be assessed as a standard service option, which can take many months, often more than a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichiru » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:58 am

Thank you pal

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichiru » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Any one here knew good solicitors or immigration advisors who can deal with my case ?
I was trying to get a and e records (NHS) to prove I was here for last 20 years!! Is that a good idea ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Members are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors or advisors on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichiru » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Thank you mate.
Sorry I didn’t know that mate. I need to find a way to get god contact.
Can I leave my email ID here so that if anyone got good contact they can email me.

The reason being got one contact spent good money to go n meet her but find out she is pretty useless

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichiru » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Also any advice for me abt submitting NHS records

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:35 pm

I was trying to get a and e records (NHS) to prove I was here for last 20 years!! Is that a good idea ?
I would be very slow to recommend to anyone in you present condition to use the NHS as proof of anything. Abusing NHS resources when you are illegal in the country is not very popular at the moment.

There is no priority, no super-priority or even a guarantee that your application is accepted. It's not a hide and seek game where if you manage to stay under the radar for 20 years, they must deliver a leave. It's more complicated then that and the Home Office would do its best to refuse.

---

I would refrain from calling CR001 mate. The avatar would give you a clue.

mahichiru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichiru » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Cheers pal for ur advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 pm

mahichiru wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm
Thank you mate.
Sorry I didn’t know that mate. I need to find a way to get god contact.
Can I leave my email ID here so that if anyone got good contact they can email me.

The reason being got one contact spent good money to go n meet her but find out she is pretty useless
Members are not permitted to post any form of personal contact information either. Everyone here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum.

For an advisor or solicitor, use the links below to find someone you would feel comfortable with. Note that using an advisor or solicitor has no influence or bearing on your application. They will simply charge you a lot of money to 'help' you.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
mahichiru wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm
Also any advice for me abt submitting NHS records
Any use of the NHS services while you have been an overstayer should have been paid at 150% of cost. Non payment of NHS services is grounds for a visa refusal. HO would also expect to see substantially more evidence of living in the UK for 20 years than a single source of documents from NHS.

general-uk-immigration-forum/review-of- ... 57829.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

silverkey
Newly Registered

Post by silverkey » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:45 pm

The visa that you received in 1999 in your passport is enough to prove you was in Britain all this time.
Do you have any children or partner? If so that would help with your case.

mahichirunew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichirunew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Hi
Don't know what happened to my user name so had to create a new one to post update on my status.
First of all thank you everyone who tried helping me.
Plz kindly understand I am not taking dig at any of suggestions and I am really thankful ur suggestions. I am just doing this post hoping to help one or two ...
Now I will analyse all the advices I got n review them
Advice : no super priority service ( believe I asked abt 50 of solicitors or consultants only two of them told me I will get super priority service )
Review :I got super priority service: they requested me to provide additional documents
If I can't provide I had to reply y I cudnt provide them

Advice : I will not b able to apply one month before
Review : yes I have to complete 20 years before I actually apply

Advice : don't provide NHS documens
Review : I cudnt provide any strong proofs that I am here continuously for 20 years so they came back to me asking for more documents as I literally have nothing ...so I had no option but to provide Nhs records( I hid them from my immigration advisor deliberately to avoid giving them to home office ) of visiting 4 time accidents n emergency dept tbh I believe it saved me big time that's all I gave them

Advice ; don't go with any immigration advisors. It's waste of money
Review: nope plz try to use immigration advisors. They r worth every penny. If u can't afford it at least try to get advice from the ppl who had similar case like u and who used immigration advisor. The covering letter they do for u is so valuable. I am shocked with the letter i made with the help of my immigration advisor. I wud never have managed it with out him
And when I got further documents requests ...the letter I submitted ( with the help of advisor) is very clear n loud that y I cudnt provide them yet simple. So suggest u to take help from them if u could afford.

Last but not least try to gather as many as proofs possible for ur stay. Especially bank statements , energy bills or even tv licence will help. Unfortunately I have none of the above.
It's not really hard with out these just try to explain homeoffice y r u not proving them.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:42 pm

So what's your status now? Did you apply? Did they take a decision?

mahichirunew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichirunew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 pm

Granted. Waiting for biometric card

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Congratulations on the grant of your visa. You were very patient and hardworking, it was indeed a very long journey.

Did you submit your bank statement when you made the application?

mahichirunew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichirunew » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:36 am

Thanks pal

mahichirunew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mahichirunew » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:57 am

I didn't submit any bank statement this time. Tbh literally nothing apart from applications form copies of passport of family.n letters from homeoffice when I applied last time seven years ago. But when they requested for more docs then we explained y we can't provide any others apart from NHS records.
But i have submitted some bank statements seven years ago