ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Refusal Article

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malik Wajahat
Newly Registered
United States of America

EEA Family Permit Refusal Article

Post by Malik Wajahat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 pm

I am single and applied for an EEA family permit to join my real brother in UK as the extended family member of and EEA national. But ECO refused my case by saying that:
"I would also expect to see evidence which fully details yours and your family's circumstances. Your income, expenditure and evidence of your financial position which wold prove that without the financial support of your sponsor your essential living could not be met."
Now I don't understand, what ECO want to know about myself and what I answer to this allegation of ECO and which kind of documents will provided to ECO for his sanctification.
Can you help me in this regard.

Thanks in an anticipation.

Waji

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Re: EEA Family Permit Refusal Article

Post by amaherchandani » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Malik Wajahat wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 pm
I am single and applied for an EEA family permit to join my real brother in UK as the extended family member of and EEA national. But ECO refused my case by saying that:
"I would also expect to see evidence which fully details yours and your family's circumstances. Your income, expenditure and evidence of your financial position which wold prove that without the financial support of your sponsor your essential living could not be met."
Now I don't understand, what ECO want to know about myself and what I answer to this allegation of ECO and which kind of documents will provided to ECO for his sanctification.
Can you help me in this regard.

Thanks in an anticipation.

Waji

Hey,

Did you submit bank statements of yourself and your brother bank statements?

Also does your brother has PR or he needs to prove treaty rights?

On what basis you are going to put allegation?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 pm

An Extended Family Member needs to prove dependency. The ECO is essentially stating that he does not believe that you are dependent on your brother (is your brother a non-UK EEA citizen?).

What evidence of dependency did you submit?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Malik Wajahat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Malik Wajahat » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:36 am

Thanks for reply,

My brother has a spanish nationality and he moved in UK in 2016 and he hold a residency card in UK. I provided the dependency record from Spain to UK and I attached money receipts from 2015 - onward that I still receiving the money for my living expenses. I attached my brother's bank statement, my and my brother's birth certificate for proof of relationship.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 am

Hello

Where do you live at the moment? In Spain? Do you have a job? How much money do you receive from your brother in Spain?

When you lived with your Brother in Spain, did you get any residence there?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:48 am

Malik Wajahat wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:36 am
Thanks for reply,

My brother has a spanish nationality and he moved in UK in 2016 and he hold a residency card in UK. I provided the dependency record from Spain to UK and I attached money receipts from 2015 - onward that I still receiving the money for my living expenses. I attached my brother's bank statement, my and my brother's birth certificate for proof of relationship.
Money transfer is not usually enough. You need to demonstrate that your personal circumstances is characterised by the fact that material support is required from your brother in order to enable you to meet your essential needs in the country from which you are applying.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Malik Wajahat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Malik Wajahat » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:49 am

Money transfer is not usually enough. You need to demonstrate that your personal circumstances is characterised by the fact that material support is required from your brother in order to enable you to meet your essential needs in the country from which you are applying.
[/quote]

I am 38 years old and still single. I am not doing any job or business. I am still receiving the money approx. 150/200 Pounds from my brother to afford my all living, medical and all other expenses. I am also living in my brother's native home.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:11 am

Did you prove via certain documents that you are living at home which is owned by your brother?

Also you could give bank statements of yours and brother showing the money received/Transferred in the bank statements.

I hope you have birth certificate to prove he is your brother.

I think the main thing would be the statement of purpose. You have gotta show why do you want to come UK?