ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finance requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Itchy11
Newly Registered

Finance requirement

Post by Itchy11 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi

My (now) wife and I are due to apply for the second part of our FLR(M) visa in January. I have a question on the financial info and what we HAVE to provide.

The first time we were granted our FLR(M) we supplied finances for both my partner and I. This was a mammoth task in terms of paperwork as we had both worked through limited companies AND umbrella companies in the prior 2 years.

My question now is, if my wife has continuously had agency work through an umbrella the last two years (non-salaried employment), and we can show through payslips, P60s etc that she has met the £18k threshold, do we need to supply ANY financial information at all for myself?

As I have worked through both ltd and umbrella again the last 2 years it will just be complicated and messy, so I'm hoping we wouldn't even have to provide this? But knowing they saw all this in our submission last time, will they be wanting to see it again?

Appreciate any thoughts / clarity! :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Finance requirement

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Correct threshold is £18600 without dependant. Either of you can meet the financial requirement through his/her alone income provided it can meet the requirement otherwise you have to combine your incomes. Anyone of you if working from at least 6 months with same employer then can apply under category A by supplying 6 months of payslips & bank statements and employer letter otherwise 12 months of paper work. Don't attach p60 as it doesn't show the correct income for immigration purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Itchy11
Newly Registered

Post by Itchy11 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks for the clarification seagul, much appreciated! We might just run with her info for now then.

One last question, where you input Employer details - as she works through an umbrella company (and technically an employee of the umbrella), do we put her umbrella company details in or does it make more sense to put in the actual end client details?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Itchy11 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:47 am
umbrella company
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.